Intensive Deck Study - Newly Started

Soaring Eagle

I have been going over a couple of cards that I "rushed", and maybe I went through them fast, but so far I haven't found anything new to add. Maybe I should start with the last ones and work from there.

Going off to study a bit more.

Penthasilia

Maat tarot IDS: Death

I really don't know what else to day. I am really wrung thin today from my ritual of last night and card study this morning. I am still not quite back yet, if you know what I mean.

The link to the card is here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=2907660#post2907660

In this, you will find the details of what I did last night, and how it helped me to understand the card today. If you have any questions/comments/etc, they are always appreciated.

Thanks.

Soaring Eagle

Very interesting ritual. I do like the way you say we are all "in" death. I also feel that way. We are dying from the moment we are born. Your post has given me some "food for thought", and I always consider that to be a good thing.

I know that some people look at this card and only see an ending, but I also tend to see a begining. There can't be a new begining without an end, and every ending brings a new begining.

You are doing great on your studies. :) Don't worry about it if you don't feel like doing another card. Take time to really digest this one. You will know when it's time to continue. It may be this afternoon, or tomorrow, or maybe much later. Each card affects us differently, and not all cards are going to be "easy" and completed in one day. Some require quiet reflection.

Penthasilia

Very interesting ritual. I do like the way you say we are all "in" death. I also feel that way. We are dying from the moment we are born. Your post has given me some "food for thought", and I always consider that to be a good thing.

I know that some people look at this card and only see an ending, but I also tend to see a begining. There can't be a new begining without an end, and every ending brings a new begining.

You are doing great on your studies. :) Don't worry about it if you don't feel like doing another card. Take time to really digest this one. You will know when it's time to continue. It may be this afternoon, or tomorrow, or maybe much later. Each card affects us differently, and not all cards are going to be "easy" and completed in one day. Some require quiet reflection.

Thanks for the feedback Soaring Eagle- it is most appreciated.

Soaring Eagle

Vision Quest

I offered to do 4 readings for feedback today, and have two of the feedbacks already. I wasn't nearly as stressed about reading for other people, and only had one card out of the 25 cards I used that gave me a "slight" problem. It wasn't so much the card as the position of the card, and I really had to think on it before I could interpret it.

I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see how the other readings went, but I actually feel pretty good about them. I'm sure that I have interpreted the cards and the positions correctly. I owe the self-confidence to interpret these cards to my IDS of this deck. :)

Owl Song

Penthasilia, I loved your description of your experience with the Maat Death card. Your description was so vivid and visceral. Very powerful stuff. It's special the way you have such a connection with your patron goddess. I also really like the way you describe your cards in your Maat journal format. It's great that you include the 5 senses in your depictions. If you don't mind, I may add that to my own journal for Legacy of the Divine Tarot.

SoaringEagle, I'm glad to hear your readings went so well. I think that's where the IDS really shines--when you get to put all of that study into practice. It must be rewarding to see that your skills as a reader have grown since through your IDS work.

I'm all ready to start my IDS. I'm just waiting for my deck. I also did go ahead and order "Tarot and Astrology" by Corinne Kenner. I actually came to Astrology before Tarot but I haven't studied Astrology in years. I'd love to use elemental dignities more in my readings and I think this will be a big help in refreshing my memory.

Penthasilia

Penthasilia, I loved your description of your experience with the Maat Death card. Your description was so vivid and visceral. Very powerful stuff. It's special the way you have such a connection with your patron goddess. I also really like the way you describe your cards in your Maat journal format. It's great that you include the 5 senses in your depictions. If you don't mind, I may add that to my own journal for Legacy of the Divine Tarot.

Feel free- I stole unabashedly from IvyRhiannon :D

Ivy Rhiannon

Great stuff pent on that death card! I loved the journey!

Woot for going for those readings too Soaring Eagle! We can often surprise ourselves with how ready our spirit is compared to what our minds tell us!

Chiriku I try to do that too! I messed up on the Lovers card and looked up a bit about them before my intuitive story. I wished I would have waited. I am trying to look up the symbolism after I let my nature story flow out first! I think its good to get your own idea first. You can always shape or add to it later after you read another's insight!

And welcome aboard Starlily :D Feel free to use that layout too! I'm trying to be as thorough as possible in my studies!

I am making up for the last few days of inactivity. I have been working on my site, so I haven't had time to study! But I did do a client reading with my animals divine! It was very nice! I got two cards done already and I'm going to try for a third tonight! :D

Penthasilia

Great stuff pent on that death card! I loved the journey!

Woot for going for those readings too Soaring Eagle! We can often surprise ourselves with how ready our spirit is compared to what our minds tell us!

Chiriku I try to do that too! I messed up on the Lovers card and looked up a bit about them before my intuitive story. I wished I would have waited. I am trying to look up the symbolism after I let my nature story flow out first! I think its good to get your own idea first. You can always shape or add to it later after you read another's insight! :D

I do the same thing- wait until AFTER my story to read the stuff the author wrote- great minds think alike :D

Thanks for the feedback on the Death card, that one wore me out. The beginning of the story was the actual ritual that I performed last night during the full moon. The journey was very powerful.

I am loving your posts Ivy- great stuff! This is one of my favorite threads :)

Ivy Rhiannon

I do the same thing- wait until AFTER my story to read the stuff the author wrote- great minds think alike :D

Thanks for the feedback on the Death card, that one wore me out. The beginning of the story was the actual ritual that I performed last night during the full moon. The journey was very powerful.

I am loving your posts Ivy- great stuff! This is one of my favorite threads :)

Mine too! And thank you! That sounded like a powerful journey! Did you say your matron was Hecate? You should have a listen: [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ80h0JdhpA ] :D Love that song!