Intensive Deck Study - Newly Started

Ivy Rhiannon

Ah i must have misread that! Glad you liked it anyways :D I am really enjoying your stories as well! I was not very interested in the maat tarot but you are pulling out some interesting observations!

Keep up the good work all!

astronautica

Hello all! I have finally decided that it's time to commit with my beautiful Masonic Tarot. My father is a Freemason and I have been fascinated by Freemasonry for as long as I can remember. My deck arrived a few months ago, shrouded in mystery and symbolism, but until now I haven't felt ready to work with it.

The goals of my Intensive Deck Study with the Masonic Tarot are:
• To broaden my understanding of Freemasonry and how its symbolism and practices may apply to the tarot
• To become comfortable reading non-scenic pips
• To build my confidence as a reader, without feeling the need to refer to books as a safety net

I will:
• Study my Masonic Tarot for the rest of the year (October 13th 2011 – 31st December 2011)
• Choose one card a day to journal, with a focus on Masonic symbols, numerology and colour
• Do at least a daily draw with my deck, and more complex readings at least three times a week
• Read relevant Masonic texts to supplement and broaden my study
• Update my blog at least once a week with my progress
• Allow myself one day a week to use other decks (Wednesday), only after my daily draw with the Masonic
• Post at least a few times a week on the IDS board, to offer support to my fellow IDS-ers and not be afraid to ask for help when needed, no matter how silly my question may seem!
• Enjoy spending time with my deck!

I will not:
• Order any more decks for the duration of my study (my bank account needs this!) unless they are limited edition, or a hard-to-find deck on my wishlist becomes affordable and easily available

I look forward to joining you all on my journey!

Soaring Eagle

Hello all! I have finally decided that it's time to commit with my beautiful Masonic Tarot. My father is a Freemason and I have been fascinated by Freemasonry for as long as I can remember. My deck arrived a few months ago, shrouded in mystery and symbolism, but until now I haven't felt ready to work with it.

The goals of my Intensive Deck Study with the Masonic Tarot are:
• To broaden my understanding of Freemasonry and how its symbolism and practices may apply to the tarot
• To become comfortable reading non-scenic pips
• To build my confidence as a reader, without feeling the need to refer to books as a safety net

I will:
• Study my Masonic Tarot for the rest of the year (October 13th 2011 – 31st December 2011)
• Choose one card a day to journal, with a focus on Masonic symbols, numerology and colour
• Do at least a daily draw with my deck, and more complex readings at least three times a week
• Read relevant Masonic texts to supplement and broaden my study
• Update my blog at least once a week with my progress
• Allow myself one day a week to use other decks (Wednesday), only after my daily draw with the Masonic
• Post at least a few times a week on the IDS board, to offer support to my fellow IDS-ers and not be afraid to ask for help when needed, no matter how silly my question may seem!
• Enjoy spending time with my deck!

I will not:
• Order any more decks for the duration of my study (my bank account needs this!) unless they are limited edition, or a hard-to-find deck on my wishlist becomes affordable and easily available

I look forward to joining you all on my journey!

Welcome aboard. It looks like you are ready for your IDS!! Good luck in your studies!! :)

Soaring Eagle

Just a note of encouragement: I got the feedback from the four readings I did yesterday, and all of the feedback was positive. :) This IDS study has really improved my knowledge of the card meanings and being able to interpret them.

One thing I did, and I'm not sure if this will work for anyone else, is that at the bottom of my journal entry I started comparing the the cards next to my card. ie. If I was studying 6 of Earth, I put up the 5 and 7 on either side of the card and looked at all three of them as a whole. I actually found more meaining in the original card by doing the comparisons. I feel that this is more what helped me develop an understanding of each card more than anything. I didn't start out using this method, but decided to give it a try for a couple cards, and it worked, so I continued that way.

I have found so many benefits to my IDS, and I'm actually going to do comparisons on the other Minor Arcana cards, to help me develop a deeper meaning for each card.

The one thing that I did try, and it didn't work for my deck, was to compare all of the Aces, twos, etc. This deck doesn't allow for an easy comparison in that way. Or atleast not for me. I got nothing out of it when I tried to compare them that way.

Good luck to everyone in their studies!!! :thumbsup:

Soaring Eagle

Penthasalia, great work on your studies. I noticed that the creator of your deck has been making comments and you have impressed her with your work. That can't be easy to do. Kudos to you. :thumbsup:

Penthasilia

Maat tarot IDS: Judgement

Penthasalia, great work on your studies. I noticed that the creator of your deck has been making comments and you have impressed her with your work. That can't be easy to do. Kudos to you. :thumbsup:

Thanks Soaring Eagle. I was very honored by her comments.

I wanted to give you all the link for my post today. You can find it here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=2908691#post2908691

I had a message this morning regarding a major decision that has been reached today regarding my current employment and living situation- to see if my request that was placed almost a year ago, will be approved or denied. I am waiting to hear the results, and as of yet do not know the status. It is in this setting, of fear and anguish, that this card was read and my Mother came to me. It is not a long post, but hopefully the image and understanding can come through.

Thanks.

On a side note, it is amazing how the sequence of the cards have come into such synchronicity with events that are occurring in my life. From Death on the full moon, to Judgement during a time of Fate. This deck, it has become a part of me.

Soaring Eagle

Thanks Soaring Eagle. I was very honored by her comments.

I wanted to give you all the link for my post today. You can find it here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=2908691#post2908691

I had a message this morning regarding a major decision that has been reached today regarding my current employment and living situation- to see if my request that was placed almost a year ago, will be approved or denied. I am waiting to hear the results, and as of yet do not know the status. It is in this setting, of fear and anguish, that this card was read and my Mother came to me. It is not a long post, but hopefully the image and understanding can come through.

Thanks.

On a side note, it is amazing how the sequence of the cards have come into such synchronicity with events that are occurring in my life. From Death on the full moon, to Judgement during a time of Fate. This deck, it has become a part of me.

All I can say is WOW!!! :thumbsup: You have done it again. The way you dive into your cards and create a story with them. It is absolutely fantastic. You truly inspire me to do the same. Now, if my imagination would only work.

I too noticed many similarities to the cards when I initially started journaling them. It was so eery how they seemed to really match my day.

Ivy Rhiannon

Welcome aboard astronautica! Very nice guidelines, we look forward to your findings :D

That's a good idea Soaring Eagle! I am going to try that with the minor arcana! Thanks for your encouragement and again starting this thread.

And wow Pent congrats! I just realized last night that Julie was the artist!!! That's impressive, I bet that makes you feel awesome. I know whenever people really delve into my artwork that I feel grateful they find meaning and beauty within. Your stories are making her work feel loved I bet! :)

astronautica

Thank you for your welcome, Soaring Eagle and Ivy Rhiannon! You guys have all made such fantastic progress on your studies so far, I've been loving reading this thread before I decided to join :) I'm excited to do my first reading this morning!

And congratulations, Penthasilia! You must really know you're on the right track if you've impressed the deck's creator :)