Intensive Deck Study - Newly Started

Soaring Eagle

Ivy Rhiannon, Minotauro, and Penthasilia, I'm really enjoying your postings on your cards.

My Animal Wise came yesterday and I will be using them for this study. I've read mixed reviews of this deck but I'm very took with them. I love the fact that there are no humans in the deck at all. I haven't come across an image I don't like yet.

I hope I can make my postings as good as the ones I'm reading on here. :)

I think I shall start with the Fool - Coyote because this card has already spoke to me.

I think you will enjoy this deck. I have the older version, but I like the version you have much better. I will have to consider buying it. I read your post in the Decks forum, and the cards are much nicer, I like the backs a lot more in your deck.

Penthasilia

Attachments

• 16-Major-Tower.jpg
    16-Major-Tower.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 132

Emily

It is an orange coneflower- you were correct to think it was in the echinacea family, because it is :D Don't let the upgoing petals throw you off, that is how they look when they first open. I've attached a couple pictures :D

Thanks for posting those - it was bugging me too because none of the flower pics I was looking at were right. :)

Soaring Eagle

Title/Number: The Tower/2

First Impression: Wow, this isn't breakdown, or even destruction, this is total annihilation. There is no looking forward here, no contemplation of what will be built in the future, this card captures that single moment in time where devastating loss occurs. Though the tree still has life, you can see that the earth is expending too much energy to keep it alive. It is draining, and not nourishing.

Story (intuitive): Look closely at me, and understand. I am that moment in time where you experienced great loss. Do not try to lessen my power by speaking of "re-building" or "cleaning out the old". Is that the first thought you had when you were devastated by the loss? No, I thought not. Remember child, loss and grief is as natural as joy and laughter- yet you all hide from it, avoiding the fundamental truth. You cannot know love without loss, joy without grief. Experience me in my purity, and learn to grieve. Then child, then you will truly know faith, and be able to build.

Quote: -no words, just the silent cry of grief

***The intuitive description for this card came flowing out of my hand, as if the card itself had to speak its story. This is one I will spend the day reflecting on. I remember that a major piece of my pre-initiation work was spend with the assignment of going through my past and ensuring that I had truly grieved every loss. Now, I understand why. I am thankful to my initiators- their wisdom brought me along the way. This card is the epicenter of that journey.

This is why I chose to do the IDS, to see what "jumped out and spoke" to me. If you feel the need to study one card for one day or one week, do what feels right to you. You are doing a great job.

Soaring Eagle

We need to try and remember not to post a whole study on the cards here, but put them in the study group forum. If you want to share here, why not include your story or what you found interesting, and a link to your post in the study group forum. We don't want the moderators upset with us.

I truly like reading your stories. They give me lots of inspiration.

Ivy Rhiannon

We need to try and remember not to post a whole study on the cards here, but put them in the study group forum. If you want to share here, why not include your story or what you found interesting, and a link to your post in the study group forum. We don't want the moderators upset with us.

I truly like reading your stories. They give me lots of inspiration.

Ah good idea Soaring Eagle! will do :D

Thanks for helping Eagle Pent, I had no idea either!

Everyone has some great posts! I would love to keep reading them too. Perhaps if we could post the link to our thread in the study group board Soaring Eagle can update the participating thread for reference.

Here is my link: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=165530

Soaring Eagle

Vision Quest

Ah good idea Soaring Eagle! will do :D

Thanks for helping Eagle Pent, I had no idea either!

Everyone has some great posts! I would love to keep reading them too. Perhaps if we could post the link to our thread in the study group board Soaring Eagle can update the participating thread for reference.

Here is my link: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=165530

It would be best for everyone to post their own links, as you did above. Also, if you would like to include a short post here, that wouldn't break the cross-posting rules. As you will notice with the posts I have made, I include how I studied, what problems I had, and so on. This is more what the moderators want from this thread, more of a "support" thread.

As for my studies, I have posted several New threads in the study Groups forum. If you would like to read or comment on them, you may find them located Here

I now have the first 10 cards of the suit of Fire completed. My studies have gone rather quickly, because I had started an indepth study of this deck before finding the older IDS thread, and waited to see if anyone was going to start a new one. I decided to start this thread to help others and myself do an indepth study of their decks. I am updating all of my journal entries as I re-study this deck, and posting my entries in the above thread in the Study Groups forum.

I have replied to PMs sent to me for this thread and the Vision Quest study group.

I have offered encouragement to all participants of the IDS thread. And thanked participants for helping me when I got "stuck" on a card.

I am currently deciding if I want to make individual threads on the Court cards of Fire or if I want to do one thread with them all, as others have done in their study groups. I'm not sure yet, but I think it would be easier to make seperate threads.

I have not completed any readings this week with my deck. I had a problem that they got wet, so I had to dry them (thankfully they aren't ruined) and I am laminating them to prevent further damage. Didn't think about this before. Hopefully I will finish today, then I can do some readings. I miss my readings, it's like I'm lost not being able to read with this deck. I did not want to change decks for readings, and hopefully all will be well by this evening.

Penthasilia

So guys- I was emailed by Sulis again- and for those of us using a deck that already has a dedicated set of links- we should use those for our postings and place the links here.

For me, I am using the Maat tarot, and each card has it's own thread, so everyday I will place a link to the particular card I am writing on so that you all can view. I went back and edited my previous posts.

Starting tomorrow- I will put something with more meat in this thread, to talk about the journey, issues, insights, etc along with the link.

Today- I am too lazy :D

Ivy Rhiannon

So guys- I was emailed by Sulis again- and for those of us using a deck that already has a dedicated set of links- we should use those for our postings and place the links here.

For me, I am using the Maat tarot, and each card has it's own thread, so everyday I will place a link to the particular card I am writing on so that you all can view. I went back and edited my previous posts.

Starting tomorrow- I will put something with more meat in this thread, to talk about the journey, issues, insights, etc along with the link.

Today- I am too lazy :D

Lol Yeah I had originally wanted to do a blog type thread with all my findings. so my last link isn't there. Sulis said if the thread doesn't exist just start one, and pm so he can add it to the list! But that way everyone can join in the discussion :D

I'm going over to your reading now Mino to see if I can help!