favorite I Ching??

ana luisa

I fell lucky with mine I think, the box was very beat up but the cards still sealed and protected. This is my favourite I Ching too. I'd always been interested in the I Ching but it takes time to do a traditional reading with coins, I've never used Yarrow sticks, and sometimes I didn't have the time to spend on it. It's much easier with cards, I don't feel like its cheating with them, it just makes the I Ching more accessible for me. :) And these cards are pretty and very easy to get into.

lucky indeed! :) Have you seen how much they are selling it for ????!!!!

Emily

lucky indeed! :) Have you seen how much they are selling it for ????!!!!

I only paid around £13 for mine, that included PP - only about 4 months ago. But I'm not sure the seller knew what they were selling. Maybe they thought that the cards would be as water stained as the box was, in fact the cards were pristine and protected by the plastic, it was also an old deck. It was my good fortune that someone bought this deck, never opened and just forgot about it. I think it's lovely.

kalliope

Okay, so I found one little store online that still listed the deck as in stock. I ordered it. We'll see if they actually have it to send! Please cross your fingers for me... :D

Nina*

I purchased them from Deborah Ross (Alaska Laser Maid on Etsy). I believe her shop is temporarily "on vacation" right now.

Hey.... and *I* am the reason they even exist since I begged her to create them some years ago. :D

They are absolutely WONDERFUL (as are all her creations, btw) and what I always use for the I Ching.

ana luisa

Okay, so I found one little store online that still listed the deck as in stock. I ordered it. We'll see if they actually have it to send! Please cross your fingers for me... :D

YES!!!!! Good for you!!! I hope they have it and that you enjoy it as much as we do !!:thumbsup:

Richard

Hey.... and *I* am the reason they even exist since I begged her to create them some years ago. :D

They are absolutely WONDERFUL (as are all her creations, btw) and what I always use for the I Ching.
Ah ha, so it was you! Thank you very much for convincing her to do them! I also have one of her Rune sets. Like the I Ching set, they are probably about as perfect as humanly possible. Thank God there are still artisans like her in the world.

WolfyJames

Well, this thread has totally enabled me, and I've ended up ordering the Tao Oracle, one more I Ching book, including chinese coins on eBay.

I already have the I Ching Dead Moon by Royo and it has numerous hot males in there, but it's not really usable as I Ching oracle. The Tao Oracle looks very pretty and a real I Ching oracle. I plan to buy the iPhone app at some point.

kalliope

I received my Holitzka deck today, and it's gorgeous! I'm so happy I found a lingering copy of the deck at retail price. Much thanks to those of you who enabled me on it (mostly Ana Luisa!) :heart:

To anyone familiar with the I Ching itself, the deck provides a very clever method of determining your moving lines. You choose two cards, Hexagram 1 and Hexagram 2, for your reading. You find the lines that differ between the two cards (visually), and read those as moving lines for Hexagram 1. I can't think of a niftier way to approximate casting the I Ching with cards (even though it works kind of backwards), so I'm pretty impressed. The LWB has quite a good commentary on the hexagrams, too.

The art is so fantastic it really can stand on its own. If I weren't already so familiar with (and attached to) the I Ching as a written oracle, I'd surely be tempted to read the deck intuitively as Ana does!

Richard

Nina, please keep her in mind, as she has been diagnosed with cancer and is going down to Washington for treatment.

Nina*

Nina, please keep her in mind, as she has been diagnosed with cancer and is going down to Washington for treatment.

I will and thank you, LRichard for thinking of me. I do know though - I started the AT thread for her.

Thank you still! :heart: