Disappointed ;(

GypsieStone

Hi All,

don't you just hate it when you've been waiting for a deck to arrive and when it does your disappointed. This is how I felt when the Earth Magic Oracle Cards arrived this morning.

I really, really, really want to connect with this deck but I cannot. I wish I could return the deck of a full refund.

Maybe, this deck is not meant for me now, perhaps I will connect with it later on down the track? Im probably clutching at straws, lol.

Anyone else felt highly disappointed with a deck they had been waiting for?

Ann Yu

I think the possibility of connection is based on how we try. Some decks connect us at the first time. Some don't and it needs to take time.
I think you should not be too hurry. You should try more and more. Times maybe 1,2 weeks, 1,2 months perhaps. If it's too long, you can keep it for researching or giving away as a gift or selling.

I personally...
- When I first met my Hanson Roberts... I was deeply disappointed because it was not "magic", "witchy" as I wanted (Tarot should be a lil bit "witchy", I thought). It was very cute T__T duh. And I did not feel it... But I tried a lot, step by step, card by card and after 1 month, I got used to it. It has been 6 years and now it's my pal. I use it in almost reading.
- When I first met my Lewellyn... Well, I was nos disappointed because the artwork was amazing. I thought I could handle it. But nah... not as much as The Hanson Roberts. It's quite hard for me and not able to give me an insight look. Now I can use 40 - 50% of it usage.
- When I first met my Madame Endora... I was not disappointed. The only thing that made me so down that the booklet was so simple and I did not get much information from that :D. I can connect to it. But I'm lazy :D

So now I almost use Hanson Roberts :D

I think you should keep on going :D Who knows. Good luck :D

Ann Yu

But can you tell me more details... How did not you feel connect to it? Is it the first time you use tarot/oracle?

danieljuk

we all have different artistic tastes and there is always going to be a chance that you might completely hate it.

I would give it a little time, sometimes I buy cards and think *hate this* and pick it up later and love it. If you really can't bring yourself to like them, sell them on or gift them to someone.

I like this oracle, it has natural elements and has nice writing and description for each card. I bought another oracle called healing cards or something and hated that. The key words and writing on each card is horrible! really patronising and just horrible. Earth Oracle has much better written descriptions compared to that!

Mystic Zyl

I personally do not like oracles. If the author of the oracles is a flake and gives poor meanings to the cards it is useless....might as well use the cards as coasters. To read with oracle cards for a client is a pain, you must memorize all of the meanings...you can't say, "just a minute I need to look the meaning up". Basically a tarot deck is a tarot deck. I don't care if the author of a certain deck says like the 2 of wands means a certain thing....I know what the 2 of wands means to me and that is all that matters, regardless of what deck I am using. Futher the more I would like to know the background of the person that made these oracles, what are their beliefs, energies, etc? Their thinking maybe diametrically opposed to my philosophy of life. I consider the source before I heed their information...quite frankly, I do not have the time or energy to research it.

I hate it when I buy a deck and the minor arcana is not illustrated...that says lazy to me. But now with the popularity of tarot you can research decks before you buy them on the net. That being said, I own 6 oracle decks, most given to me, 2 purchased only because of the artwork.

Zelmira

Gypsy:
There is thread about this deck somewhere in this forum, may be if you read the comments of those who posted before, you will understand better your feelings toward your new deck. I have the deck, I do not use it a lot (I am not a professional reader), but my first experience with it was very positive. There is a spread for Deck interview, which may be useful to you to know what is the relationship b/t you and this deck. Good luck. Blessings,

Zelmira

Mi-Shell

Hi All,

don't you just hate it when you've been waiting for a deck to arrive and when it does your disappointed. This is how I felt when the Earth Magic Oracle Cards arrived this morning.

I really, really, really want to connect with this deck but I cannot. I wish I could return the deck of a full refund.

Maybe, this deck is not meant for me now, perhaps I will connect with it later on down the track? Im probably clutching at straws, lol.

Anyone else felt highly disappointed with a deck they had been waiting for?

Hi and welcome to the forums, GypsieStone! :)
I noticed, that you are quite new to the forums and so I feel, that you will have a huuuuge growth spurt and deepening of your experiences with cards within the next year or so.
We all started here, learned sooooo much, our tastes and understanding developed and grew - sometimes in the strangest and most exiting ways we never would have predicted ....
In light of this I dare to suggest, you keep this deck for now. Something drew you to it and you may enjoy it in the future.
Today I own and enjoy decks I NEVER would have even looked at 15 years ago.... Each one teaches me something about reading cards, about image and their meaning in cultures other than my own,about other people's views about the very same deck and about myself.
This deck has not yet opened up to you. But it will. And iffff in a year or so it is still not "speaking" there is all the fun in the trade forums and trade trains and gifting threads....
Enjoy your journey on and with the AT community.

danieljuk

there is a long thread discussing the oracle here - http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=135575

people seem to like it but with issues about the artwork in the "new moon" card. you can hardly see a new moon, but that card pictures it as a "slither", however that is being pedantic :)

GypsieStone

Hi everyone, thanks for feedback on this deck. I will keep this deck and maybe pull the deck out later when Im in another frame of mind. Im not sure why Im not drawn to it now but I was very drawn to the Elements of this deck.

We are in the process of moving house so maybe that's why my head isn't with this deck right now. Plus, Im also studying Tarot.

Richard

......Anyone else felt highly disappointed with a deck they had been waiting for?
I was deeply disappointed in the Legacy of the Divine Tarot and have never used it for a reading. For oracles I use only Lenormands. I like all that I have except for the Mystical Lenormand. The art is beautiful, but I just cannot connect with it. Maybe the astrological attributions put me off (although I am familiar with the signs and houses). I just don't know for sure what the problem is.