Ten of Wands... Good?

RosyLibra

Hello everyone, this is my first day, first thread... Could really use your help. I recently had a friend do a reading for me regarding an ex boyfriend who is still a friend. Long story short, on the card of how he sees me, the 10 of wands came up but she interpreted it as: Curvy, voluptuous, a big teddy bear type...? How could that be? I see the 10 of wands like he thinks I'm too much to handle lol please help

rwcarter

Welcome to Aeclectic, RosyLibra!

The best person to tell you why the 10W came across as curvy, voluptuous and a big teddy bear type is the friend who did the reading for you. S/he might have been looking at the imagery on the card instead of using the "standard" interpretations. It's all but impossible for a group of people who had nothing to do with the reading to figure out why the reader gave a particular interpretation, especially when it's a "non-standard" interpretation.

Rodney

Etene

If those words are accurate descriptions, then that may be what the card means to your reader. However, since your reader is a friend, there may be a bias against "negative" readings, especially if your reader isn't seeing a way to communicate it in a constructive manner.

Ten Wands is usually a card describing a burden. Given this being an ex-but-still-friendly relationship, I could speculate that his expired relationship with you is a strong influence on his present decision making, possibly as something against which he compares any potential new relationships. He could be holding himself back from exploring opportunities by judging them as "probably not going to be any better" than what you and he had and still have.

RosyLibra

Welcome to Aeclectic, RosyLibra!

The best person to tell you why the 10W came across as curvy, voluptuous and a big teddy bear type is the friend who did the reading for you. S/he might have been looking at the imagery on the card instead of using the "standard" interpretations. It's all but impossible for a group of people who had nothing to do with the reading to figure out why the reader gave a particular interpretation, especially when it's a "non-standard" interpretation.

Rodney

I completely understand why it could be understood that way... However, she's also been the bearer of delicate bad news for me. She always tells me "remember, I'm just interpreting what I see" lol she knows I don't blame her for bad news. She's very trustworthy for not twisting things to where she tells me what I want to hear, I respect her for it. You're right though, I should ask her. I just wanted a different opinion on the matter.

yannie

Well, 10 wands is "a lot to grab". ;)

RosyLibra

If those words are accurate descriptions, then that may be what the card means to your reader. However, since your reader is a friend, there may be a bias against "negative" readings, especially if your reader isn't seeing a way to communicate it in a constructive manner.

Ten Wands is usually a card describing a burden. Given this being an ex-but-still-friendly relationship, I could speculate that his expired relationship with you is a strong influence on his present decision making, possibly as something against which he compares any potential new relationships. He could be holding himself back from exploring opportunities by judging them as "probably not going to be any better" than what you and he had and still have.

Lol oops, I mixed my response to Rodney with yours lol sorry... As to the relationship, he's my best friend. We dated but I ended the relationship bc we live in different states and I just thought we should give each other the chance to find partners in our respective states... I don't know if that clears some of that up

tarot_quest

Hello everyone, this is my first day, first thread... Could really use your help. I recently had a friend do a reading for me regarding an ex boyfriend who is still a friend. Long story short, on the card of how he sees me, the 10 of wands came up but she interpreted it as: Curvy, voluptuous, a big teddy bear type...? How could that be? I see the 10 of wands like he thinks I'm too much to handle lol please help

I honestly don't think that Tarot would give you a card talking about your physical attribute when asking how your ex sees you. It is still possible, but I noticed that when asking how someone sees you physically, Tarot often prefers to give you more important messages about how they perceive you as a person (even if you are gorgeous to him ;))

A simple possibility could be that you require a lot from him when both of you are together. Maybe he tries to behave nicely towards you. Or it could mean that somethings feels heavy for him when he is around you (not necessarily in the sens that he does not like it, but in the sens that he acts carefully and takes things seriously)

Etene

We dated but I ended the relationship bc we live in different states and I just thought we should give each other the chance to find partners in our respective states... I don't know if that clears some of that up
Since I was reading the card, I'm supposed to be clearing it up for you. ;)

Judging according to the words you are using here: Being the one that ended the relationship, you are taking a decision for yourself (shopping locally) and dressing it up like a concensus (You wrote, "I just thought we should", not "I asked him if he thought we should" for example). I don't know for certain so perhaps it was, or became after discussion, a mutual agreement, but if he sees you in the light of Ten Wands, he must not be feeling the freedom you brokered for yourself.

It's like being gifted a ticket to see somebody else's favorite movie without them.

RosyLibra

Both of these new views are quite interesting. Thank you for your responses. He's been distant these past weeks and I got a reading done because he's completely ignoring me and I'm confused as to why... If he does feel like he has to be careful around me, that could feel like a burden. Though I know he's quite straightforward when he needs to be lol that's one of the things I admire about him. However, these insights were invaluable šŸ˜Š thank you