Gypsy Witch

EtherialShaman

HELp

Can you give me one spread for the gypsy tarot card?? Plssss

intothemusic

blackstormhawk said:
Luckily, the card interpretations are printed right on the cards.

IIRC, the instructions don't really add a whole lot, and the spreads they provide involve so many cards that they are close to useless from my own experience with them.

You can probably get a copy of the instructions from U.S. Games Systems, Inc. This will take you straight to their "contact us" link.

i agree. not drawn to this deck AT ALL

priscilla

spec. question with gypsy witch

can i use it for a specific question with this deck? i used to use tarot, so when i tried this deck, it's totally new for me. i feel the result of my reading is too general with the gypsy witch

easyboy82

Yes you can!
On the contrary Tarot is usually rather general because it deals with little everyday things as well as with greater cosmic forces and psychological depths.
While these nice little cards aim exactly at showing what is going to happen around you in great detail.

I know it is the most widespread fortune telling deck in the USA ,and the only one perhaps with some history back sice it's been in print since the first years of the XX century... I like it a lot, even if I received it only a couple of weeks ago from the UK and used it only once so far... it's so European in flavour!

It's a pity we don't have a study group for it on AT, or at least some big thread on it...

Anyway you can use with it all the spreads you can use for Lenormand and other similar decks. The two in the instruction booklet are a couple of rather good general methods. Spreads with fixed positions don't work very well with this kind of cards, best to use spreads with at least 5 cards ( 3 only dor daily readings) and without fixed position, you have to read the cards in a flow, telling the story...with a parlour spirit, as it was that of XVIII and XIX dames et chevaliers ...I adore..:D

94stranger

a spread to try

There's a spread I use with my Rainring cards which I think can be used with the Gypsy Witch or pretty well any deck - it's called the centred triangle. First, a card at bottom left represents the female element in the situation; second, at bottom right, the male element; third, at the apex of the triangle (top) is a card which represents the energy needed as a balance for the first two. Fourth, at centre, is the result card, which summarises the spread.

I also find that sometimes I use one card to look at something, then decide to amplify it (for instance, a card giving problems in another spread). I then add three further cards in the above formation , so recreating the same spread from the opposite end, as it were.

(By the way, the above also works for a family situation - mother, father, child/children and overall vibe in the family. If you've got more than one kid, and want to explore the dynamics involving each kid separately, then do all the cards over for each kid - you can't assume that mum and dad play an identical part in the lives of each of their kids.)

DownUnderNZer

So, are there now more spreads than the two in the booklet for the Gypsy Witch?

Padma

I just got this deck this weekend, and I do find it harsh, to say the least...I have been using Lenormand style 5 card readings with it, it seems pretty accurate so far...

I dislike the setup for the large whole deck reading they give in the booklet, but the 3 or five card thing seems to work pretty well with it!

If anyone wants to set up a reading circle for it, I would join...

Shade

It's a rather gloomy deck on its own but I have heard a few folks recommend using it as a Lenormand (substituting rapiers fro the Cross) and ignoring what the cards say. Sure why not?

My advice with it is to use at least nine cards in three rows so that you have cards above and below each other.

DownUnderNZer

I just got this deck this weekend, and I do find it harsh, to say the least...I have been using Lenormand style 5 card readings with it, it seems pretty accurate so far...

I dislike the setup for the large whole deck reading they give in the booklet, but the 3 or five card thing seems to work pretty well with it!

If anyone wants to set up a reading circle for it, I would join...

I find it quite limited in some ways Lotus Padma as I had a flick through it last night and I counted 15 something cards that could be quite harsh and somewhat alarming/ 20 something that seemed positive/ 12 to 15 I think that could go either way depending on surrounding cards or which way they face or distance themselves.

Really do not like the cards that could be next to each other to inidicate an "early death" or "death of a friend". Ouch!!!!! :bugeyed: Even in the Lenormand there is a certain combination that comes together to indicate a possible death and that is about 5 cards (certain combo) in the GT.

These cards only have one meaning written on the cards themselves and some have some rather strange words.

Doing 5 cards might be an idea. I saw what DragonFae did....the cards left and right of the person...as in now...and above and below as distant.

These cards dont use questions either so maybe ideal for GENERAL READINGS.