Chinese Astrology

jade

i think i'm a bunny

kayne

Hey! Thanks Purplelady!

I reread the post that I replied to and I don't know what I was thinking of... (I think it was late at night...)

I kinda' like that description of me :) Thanks a lot!!!

Pollux

Thank you, Purplelady.
I knew something about it too, and what I really like of my Chinese Sign is the "domestic" passion, you see, sort of Taurus/Scorpio polarity in Western Zodiac. I have a strong streak of both Taurus ans Scorpio indeed! :)

purplelady

Jade is a bunny! Jade is a bunny!

"A person born in the year of the Rabbit possesses one of the most fortunate of the twelve animal signs. The Rabbit , or Hare as he is referred to in chinese mythology, is the emblem of longevity and is said to derive his essence from the moon."
"The moon hare hold the elixir of immortality in his hands. The rabbit symbolizes graciousness, good manners, sound counsel, kindness, and sensitivity to beauty. He is reserved, , artistic , and possesses good judgement. He could be a good scholar, lawyer or politician!"
"He could also be inclined to be moody, and at such times appear to be detatched from his environment or indifferent to people. The rabbit is extremely lucky in business, and has sharp business acumen. He can be diabolically cunning when he puts his mind to it! He enjoys his creature comforts.It irks him terribly to be inconvenienced for he is a considerate, modest , and thoughtful person and he would like others to be the same. He sincerely believes it costs people nothing to be nice to each other and will always make an effort to be civil, even to his worst enemy. He abhors brawling and any sort of overt animosity."
"The rabbit is one who really knows how to live , and he or she is more than willing to live and let live. The rabbit will make a quick but graceful exit from your life if you become too much of a nuisance.When pushed too far , he will discard anything or anyone who dares upset the calm of his existence. Unlike the Dragon, Dog, Tiger, or Rooster, who all enjoy a hearty fight now and then , and may even thrive on it , the rabbit has no relish for combat. (eek! I'm a tiger with the dragon rising!) :eek: ! You will rarely find a rabbit in areas of high risk.
There is no great inner struggle in the Rabbit's heart btween the forces of good and evil. He believes in his own ability to survive, relies on his own judgement , and is at peace with himself. He is the sign most apt to find peace and contentment.
-Water Rabbit-He is empathetic and can pick up the thoughts and feelings of others with uncanny accuracy. He will possess an excellent memory and may have the kind-of mental power that , without his knowing it, transmits his ideas to others. Consequently, he attracts the people he wants.

Pollux

Read this rabbit post

This rabbit sure sounds cool!
What really amused me was:
"The rabbit will make a quick but graceful exit from your life if you become too much of a nuisance. When pushed too far, he will discard anything or anyone who dares upset the calm of his existence. "
Well, maybe they are not extremely positive things, but I do like this type pf behaviour! Even though, often I myself feel as I could well be that nuisnace to get rid of! :D

Malachite

Oooh!....how I want to be a rabbit!....

*the wooden rat*

kayne

Malachite: :D You cracked me up when I read your "Wooden Rat"!!! LOL :D

Malachite

*thankyou, thankyou*

please make donations payable to the aeclectic tarot forum...

:)

silvereye

Chinese here

Hi Guys, I'm a CHinese and an OXen.
Happy to see so many people interested in our culture!
But actually we have our own way of memorizing the list of Chinese horoscope, so we can remember them off the books.

kayne

Oh! Don't suppose you can teach us all in one post Silvereye??? What does it involve?