Five Crowns: Interesting deck for playing card readers?

rachelcat

I picked up this card game, called Five Crowns, at Borders.

http://www.amazon.com/SET-Enterprises-4098366-Five-Crowns/dp/B00000IV35

(It's for a rummy-style card game.)

What's cool is it's like regular playing cards, except it has FIVE suits--clubs, hearts, spades, diamonds, and STARS!

(But no aces or 2s for any suit, plus three Jokers). (The game comes with 2 of these decks, which are shuffled together for the game.)

I thought it would be interesting or at least suggestive, for folks who read playing cards. You could have a "Spirit" suit, like the Fifth Tarot or the Deva.

But I wonder what to do with no aces or 2s? Hmm. Any experimentally-minded cartomants have any ideas??

DragonFae

Hmmmm...i think I could live without the 2s but NOT the aces...lol...perhaps the three jokers could become like the aces? IDK

DragonFae

Oh yeah....and I forgot to add...THANKS a LOT.....now I want that deck...it is calling to me....LOL

Another possiblity would be to use the cards and see how they seemed to read and assign meanings by both "calling" on the normal meanings of the card (if there really is such a thing...lol) and your own intuiitive reading of it. That might take a bit of time but could be interesting!