Full Moon in Gemini

Minderwiz

The Full Moon occurs at 20:37 UT on 8th December at 16 degrees 20 Minutes Gemini

The Moon is not particularly comfortable in Gemini, being peregrine throughout the sign. Gemini is too active a sign, too busy for the reflective Moon. Gemini is very much conscious surface activity whereas the Moon is a often related to the subconscious . Nevertheless Gemini brings a lighter side to the Moon and an ability to communicate emotions and feelings in a more direct way.

The Full Moon forms a T square with Jupiter in Virgo (also ruled by Mercury) and the Sun in Sagittarius (ruled by Jupiter). While T squares bring tension, ones involving Jupiter, Sun and Moon are less likely to be ‘hard’ and as the last Full Moon of the year, this T Square in a way points to the festivities of the Winter Solstice, combining a degree of spirituality and indeed jollity with creativity and expression of individuality on the one hand and the collective unconscious on the other. A time for jollity but also a time to reflect on the shared spirit of humanity.

The Full Moon trines Neptune – a period of emotional hopes and dreams and is opposed by Pluto which conjoins the Sun. The latter can be interpreted in a number of ways - the power of individuality, power of creation, the hidden self or self obsession. t. Certainly Pluto is associated with transformation and the rejection of the old and no longer relevant. Perhaps now is a time for a major re-evaluation of our spiritual journey. Maybe in order to realise the hopes and aspirations we need to look again at our obsession with individualism and this is perhaps the right season to do that

Elsewhere Mercury and Venus are in a loose conjunction in Capricorn, whilst their ruler Saturn, is in the Moon’s sign of Cancer. Mercury is in its own Terms in Capricorn and Venus is the Earth Triplicity ruler by day, so both these planets have some dignity. Saturn however is in detriment in Cancer.

Both Mars and Uranus are nearing the end of their stays in their current signs. Uranus will soon shift into Pisces, for the second time this year and Mars will later move into Aries – its own sign.

skytwig

Minderwiz said:
Nevertheless Gemini brings a lighter side to the Moon and an ability to communicate emotions and feelings in a more direct way.

The Full Moon forms a T square with Jupiter in Virgo (also ruled by Mercury) and the Sun in Sagittarius (ruled by Jupiter). While T squares bring tension, ones involving Jupiter, Sun and Moon are less likely to be ‘hard’ and as the last Full Moon of the year, this T Square in a way points to the festivities of the Winter Solstice, combining a degree of spirituality and indeed jollity with creativity and expression of individuality on the one hand and the collective unconscious on the other. A time for jollity but also a time to reflect on the shared spirit of humanity.

Well this is welcome and refreshing..... I like the idea of the subconscious opening to communication.... I know Gemini tends to be a bit 'flighty' and heady, but sometmes, the Moon, with her preference for brooding, needs a faerie of sorts flitting about her and lifting her mood!!

The Full Moon trines Neptune – a period of emotional hopes and dreams and is opposed by Pluto which conjoins the Sun. The latter can be interpreted in a number of ways - the power of individuality, power of creation, the hidden self or self obsession. t. Certainly Pluto is associated with transformation and the rejection of the old and no longer relevant. Perhaps now is a time for a major re-evaluation of our spiritual journey. Maybe in order to realise the hopes and aspirations we need to look again at our obsession with individualism and this is perhaps the right season to do that

Well this is right in line with Saturn's work in Cancer.... at least for me, a Cancer...... the house cleaning has been so extensive, I am worn out.... but maybe that's the Virgo stuff in me trying to be too thorough amid Saturn's gigantic movements!!! :laugh:

Thanks, Minderwiz...... :)

Royal Cat

Minderwiz,
Thank you for the informative and insightful look at this moon. Would you mind helping me to understand some of the personal effects this Moon has on me? My natal moon is Gemini (10 degrees 52 minutes - in the 11th) and I have Moon trine Jupiter, Moon Opp. Neptune and Moon Trine Pluto - so it seems that this full moon is likely to have greater effects on me then other full moon cycles.
I am currently experiencing Neptune trine Moon.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! :)
Cat

born: 11-11-1973, 10:40pm, Detroit, Michigan, USA

Minderwiz

I'll have a look RC but it could be a few days before I can get back to you.