SG- Crystals---Red Jasper

napaea

well, i'm probably the wrong one to start this thread, cause i don't know anything about this particular stone (help Hermit!!!!!)
But i have been so drawn to it lately, and keep finding more of it coming home with me ;)

so i'm interested in finding out more about it. i have been very drawn to use my jasper in some of my readings. i usually pull out some stones to help me or ground me during my readings, and this has been coming up alot. so anyone with a wealth of info, please input here!

(i'm so glad we have this folder now, i'm having to start my own stone folder, which i'm so excited about!!)

Strega

Jasper has been thought to bring rain... and has also been believed to act as a charm against spiders, scorpions, and snakes.

It is said to help dispel negative energies and reduce stress... also helps increase clarity of mind... I carry jasper all the time... especially when I need to be focused (with little or no distractions). :)

napaea

Strega! yippeee! this is the first time i have seen your avatar! it's sooooo cool! omg i love it!!!!
it's beautiful, and fun, and cute, and perfect timing for halloween!
i love it!

napaea

also, it looks like the whole image is in a crystal ball....did he mean to do that?!

Strega

It's supposed to be a witch standing before a full moon, stirring (or dancing around) a cauldron.

Sort of similar to the one I created (plus the moon). :)

DarkElectric

Red Jasper!
It is a very effective stone to prevent psychic attack, offers high levels of protection in general, and can bring about rectification of unjust circumstances. Good for use as a talisman, it is recommended that it be conciously charged with what you want it to do. And that you keep charging it regularly, as it takes a while for this particular stone to "Build up" so to speak. But once it does, it's really powerful.

jema

i love jasper too. i have several both red and mottled in different shapes and colours.
but the red is lovely. i have one bit chunk of red jasper that feels so smooth to touch.

since it looks a bit like dark red blood or a bit like a liver it is said to cure aches from the liver.

the hermit

Jasper is a great stone.
Others have posted most applications already so I thought I might add some rock lore...

Much of the arizona petrified wood has jasper in it.
The beautiful reds found within this interesting "wood" in particular are usually jasper as well as some of the brown hued stone.

Jasper is part of the quartz family, a microscopically grained quartz silicate.
Much of the tiny red pebbles found in the course sand of the u.s. west coast's northern beaches are also jasper that has been "tumbled" by the sea.

Oregon's "Agate Beach" has large amounts of jasper as well as agate, which is another related microscopically grained quartz... but agate has banding that jasper does not.

starfish66

jema said:
i have one bit chunk of red jasper that feels so smooth to touch.

I have a big chunk of red jasper too and just rubbing it's smooth surface calms and soothes me.

:TQW Starfish