Greater Arcana Study Group—The Magician

Abrac

I found ten other places where he uses “derived to.” Here are four examples:

When he lapsed from that pure condition he lost this precious deposit, but it was subsequently restored to him in order that he might return towards perfection. It was handed down through Noah to Abraham and thence derived to Moses.—The Doctrine and Literature of the Kabalah

In the natural order it is the human conception of Deity, to which God condescends and may be said in a sense to verify and even to inform. Conversely, as regarded from above, it is the construction of the Divine Nature, so that its knowledge and its power may be derived to mankind.—The Doctrine and Literature of the Kabalah

It is a little difficult to summarise within a small space the tradition which has thus been derived to us from Oriental and Spanish Jews, and it is more than difficult to put it into readily intelligible language.—Studies in Mysticism

Now, the Byzantine tradition of Alchemy came down, as it has been seen, in the earlier pages of this study to the Latin writers of the middle ages, but the Latin writers did not derive it immediately from the Greek adepts. On the contrary, it was derived to them immediately through the Syriac and Arabian alchemists.—The Alchemical Papers of A.E. Waite

INIVEA

I found ten other places where he uses “derived to.” Here are four examples:

When he lapsed from that pure condition he lost this precious deposit, but it was subsequently restored to him in order that he might return towards perfection. It was handed down through Noah to Abraham and thence derived (Directed) to Moses.—The Doctrine and Literature of the Kabalah

In the natural order it is the human conception of Deity, to which God condescends and may be said in a sense to verify and even to inform. Conversely, as regarded from above, it is the construction of the Divine Nature, so that its knowledge and its power may be derived (Directed) to mankind.—The Doctrine and Literature of the Kabalah

It is a little difficult to summarise within a small space the tradition which has thus been derived (Directed) to us from Oriental and Spanish Jews, and it is more than difficult to put it into readily intelligible language.—Studies in Mysticism

Now, the Byzantine tradition of Alchemy came down, as it has been seen, in the earlier pages of this study to the Latin writers of the middle ages, but the Latin writers did not derive it immediately from the Greek adepts. On the contrary, it was derived (Directed) to them immediately through the Syriac and Arabian alchemists.—The Alchemical Papers of A.E. Waite

Thanks Abrac, yeah could you please post the other 6. This is very interesting <Thinking>

INIVEA

In the magician, his right hand (pay attention here) points up, above, which equals a positive charge.

The magician left hand points down, equals, negative charge.

This is magnetic forces ( moving charges) which is the direction of force.

Note: the magician could represent the magnetic force, and moving charges in the magnetic field. ( Direction )

So the right hand draws a positive charge, then directs, force, to the left hand a negative charge.

Interesting < thinking >

Let's add another symbol, in his right hand, he is holding a wand, what is this wands properties? What's this wands purpose? Is it made of copper?

INIVEA

Items on the table.

Ace of Wands is the right hand = positive charge. Charged force is upward. Invisible force direction velocity is going right to left.
Ace of Cups is the left hand = negative charge,
Ace of Swords is right hand = positive charge. Velocity left to right, charged force is upward
Ace of pentacles is the right hand = positive charge

For more info. Check out Physics magnetic forces directions (uses hand symbols)

I left the other 2 For you to figure out :D

INIVEA

My summary is that the Magician is creating or generating his own magnetic field.

Magnetism creates / produces electricity
Electricity creates / produces Magnetism.

Copper "Conducts" electricity adding a magnet creates or generates magnetic field, which generates a electric current. The magnetic field slows down gravity.

Anytime you have an electric current flowing through anything, it creates a magnetic field.

Richard

My summary is that the Magician is creating his own magnetic field........

Metaphorically perhaps.

You would probably like these wands:

Attachments

• wands.jpg
    wands.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 175

INIVEA

Metaphorically perhaps.

You would probably like these wands:

Oh I do, thanks, can't wait til we get to talk about this card :D

ETA: sorry I forgot to quote you LRichard, I still haven't quite figured out how to do that on tapa talk. so I added here your quote. :D

Zephyros

The Wand is probably a magical implement such as was used by the GD. Indeed, the table itself is very reminiscent of an altar with all four elements plus the wand.

Or, symbolically speaking, it could be a fennel stalk such as was used by Prometheus to steal fire from Zeus. The Magician's placement on the Tree of Life could suggest this.

INIVEA

@LRichard, What deck is that World card from? now that I can see the card more clearly on the computer.

Richard

@LRichard, What deck is that World card from? now that I can see the card more clearly on the computer.

It's from the B.O.T.A. Tarot created by P. F. Case. It is based mostly on the RWS, with a few changes and "corrections" here and there.