Show your Playing Cards!

Padma

Laura Borealis

I do! LOVE those crows. :) The tragic thing about WOPC is many of those decks are hard to obtain... that's a good thing for my wallet, though... ;)

I went ahead and bought the Key to the Kingdom, though. :angel:

Padma

I know - those decks would be expensive, and hard to obtain - but it is still fun to dream! I love looking at all the pics on that site. So informative, too!

I am sure you will enjoy the Key cards, Laura - many of the illustrations have a small dark side to them as well, which makes them interesting to work with! Let me know what you think of them when you get them!

Madrigal

Oh, those are fun, Padma. Love the Ace of :club: in that first link. And the captions are pretty amusing in the second link plus the watercolor is lovely.

I awoke early today and spent an hour trawling various playing card sites and links. Came away with some fairly main-stream picks...the blue-backed version of these though mine are unmarked. Will likely get the red-backed version, too. They're fun in a nostalgic-silly kind of way.

Also have my eye on these.

And avert your eyes, Laura though IIRC Padma was also part of that Corvid Tarot thread...

view_zpskfbjgu40.jpg

More info on that and a whole slew of other Corvid-backed decks here including a non-distressed version of the above in case that's not your thing })

Padma

Nice cards, Madrigal! Love the antiquing applied! Also yes, do love those Corvid backs!

Laura Borealis

Oh yeah! Some great crow backs there. I especially like the crow and skull. Though I wonder if they really have the rights to all that art?

Somewhere around here I have a set of old Rook cards... they have an amusing corvid on the back. :)

Attachments

• rook.jpg
    rook.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 235

Padma

Oh yeah! Some great crow backs there. I especially like the crow and skull. Though I wonder if they really have the rights to all that art?

Somewhere around here I have a set of old Rook cards... they have an amusing corvid on the back. :)

So cute! Love that crow :)

Madrigal

Zodiac Playing Cards

photo%202-85_zpso6m3s66s.jpg

Card backs up close for the gorgeous detail..

photo%203-50_zpssco4ju65.jpg

:spade: Spades :spade:

photo%201-85_zpspbskltg7.jpg

:diamond: Diamonds :diamond:

photo%202-86_zpsa35lkz7d.jpg

Madrigal

Zodiac Playing Cards ~ 2

:club: Clubs :club:

photo%203-51_zpsrvyo0bxq.jpg

:heart: Hearts :heart:

photo%204-30_zpswaurgsyu.jpg