Playing Card folks...

floracove

Cool subject Bat Chicken.

Ok, I just got my message sent off to ask for more pictures - card closeups. Hope they show. :)

Let's see...

(quotes from card auction)

This is a complete set of Nile Fortune Telling Cards, that were produced by the United States Playing Card Company of Cincinatti, Ohio.This set is complete with 52 playing cars, 1 Life card, instructions, Guarantee Card, and a Auction Bridge Table of Points Card.
Interesting.

problem starts the Instruction booklet states Copyright 1897-1904 and the Bridge card states Revised 1926.

The book was printed in 1904, right.
Bridge card is revised 26'. Bridge card look a bit smaller to me, but hey who knows where that box of cards have been. ;)

not sure if the company reissued these cards in 1926 or the card doesn't belong with this set.The other sets on eb** don't show this card and the box for the cards is a little different, believe that this might be a reissued deck of 1926, if there was one.

The bridge card does not belong to the deck or the box is my guess. Yeah, the company more than likely republished decks in 26', didn't they love to play bridge back then? Or maybe the bridge card was added as a disguise...who knows...
or maybe someone's mom found a card and stuck in in the closest box while she was cleaning house.

The playing cards. Hmmmm...

Now for the condition of this deck the cards and instructions are in excellent condition with all of the gold edging intact, and the box is in very good condition with some wear on one side of the box, This set would make a welcome addition to any collection.

I think they look very nice and they sound nice too. They seem pleasant as well.

(from the auctioneer.)
The cards measure 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"