New Deck Spread

fairyhedgehog

I tried the 'new deck spread' on my two new decks (thank you bec :) ) and this is what I got:

Visconti Gold:

1 What you will teach me: 5 cups
2 what you need from me: 4 cups
3 what our relationship will be: 2 swords

I usually use definitions that mean something like

5 cups = regret
4 cups = disgust
2 swords = stalemate, (in this case it looks more like 'struggle')

The cards and the LWB with the deck don't agree with each other. My main feeling is that I am disappointed with the poor quality of this deck, and it isn't much use for reading or playing. :( Any thoughts?

Classic deck:

1 what will you teach me: Queen cups
2 what do you want from me: 6 cups
3 what will our relationship be: Ace cups

Now that one looks more hopeful :) I really like that deck even though it doesn't have illustrated minors. Again, any thoughts?

All the best,

FH

Kaz

about the visconti deck, maybe it is not as gloomy as you see it......

5 cups is what this deck is gonna teach you, you might have a hard time getting something from it, but it will teach you something, if you look at it the right way it will tell you....even if that is "i am not your deck"
4 cups is what you need to do, I don't see disgust, I see someone contemplating on it, maybe loosing interest because it's hard to get through.
2 swords, relationship will be that it will be a balancy situation, will it click or not....

Classic deck,
it will teach you using your intuition with them cards.
what you need to do is have a positive attitude in that, enjoy it.
then your relationship will have insightfull readings for you in store.

that's my 2 cents.....

Kaz

Mojo

fairyhedgehog,

The Classic deck looks like a nice easy deck for you. Your intuition seems to work naturally with this deck and your experience will be satisfying. However, the deck expects you to just let go and trust it to do the hard work for you. While the Ace of Cups feels really good, it doesn't really provide much depth of feeling for you over the long haul.

Now to the Visconti deck... definitely more of a challenge here...

You will do a lot of learning with this deck if you can get over your initial disappointment with it.

Both the 4 and 5 of Cups talk about there being more here than meets the eye. Specifically, the 5 of Cups tells you to look beyond your initial impressions and you will see that there is some real potential here. The 4 of Cups is asking you to be open to new ways of looking at things. However, the 2 of Swords hints that you're not always going to like what you see!

scorpio

my first thought was the visconti gold with the two of swords would be great for pathworking or meditating.

fairyhedgehog

Thank you all for your input. It sounds like I shouldn't give up on the Visconti too easily :)

All the best,

FH

Pollux

scorpio (16 Jan, 2002 14:52):
my first thought was the visconti gold with the two of swords would be great for pathworking or meditating.

I'm still a beginner, so forgive me if I'm brazen as well.

I cannot but agree with scorpio:
the message from the Visconti, to me, is almost clear.
1) The deck is going to delve back situation you haven't put up with, belonging to your past, concerning losses, disappointment, mistakes you don't want to admit. And in addition, it is going to reveal the same type of stuff when you'll inquire about futures. (I don't know why, but I can't but think of past events!)
2) Therefore it will require your complete concentration and dedication, avoiding to get messed up with the outer realities (we sometimes build them up on purpose) and just relating to your own self, your "inner anything"; your lack of action will only be made up by your very own self-absortion and introspection. It seems it is going to be so tough! :)
Or else, it might suggest taht when you'll inquiere about futures (yours and your clients' ,if have any) you'll need to get self-centred and focused in a way you never didi before.
You have to gain a still deeper, consciuos/unconscious relationship with this deck. Challenging ;p .
3) The relation might be therefore difficult, spoilt by your initial incapability to come to terms or tolerate certain truths you pretend you don't see, characterized by your tendency to deny your feels, your need of distance and control, your difficulty in acknowledging unpleasant situations. This not only to yourself, but to your deck as well - this deck is very ambitious, it's warning you: he wants to be your best friend at any rate! ;p .

I'd consider myself so d**n lucky if that happened to me: your deck just wants to be with you, and be read for you!
He promises unprecedented insight and discovers! :D

I hope this will help you, as I couldnt but jot down this idea I had. Though they are repetitive of what others might have alreasy said.
I have you know I took my special Visconti deck myself, and took the cards and place it on the desk to understand what they would tell me.
Therefore: use it for yourself! For Meditation and growth.
My first experiences with T-cards are of this sort, and that's only because I became positively-addicted that I joined this forum and deciced to carry on walking this cloudy path.
Hail to the Goddess!
Blessed Be!

P.S. What's your deck, specifically?
Mine is the Scarabeo, Visconti-Sforza: black-outlined cards, gold letters for names, grey-fantasy reverse.
How is you World and Devil cards?
They have numerous variants.

fairyhedgehog

Thank you for your input, Pollux. Wow, I'm really going to have to get down to it :)

I've got the Visconti Gold deck from Lo Scarabeo. It has black borders and lots of 'Hot pressed gold' (whatever that is). The gold in the backgrounds has a delicate design but the gold on the pictures bears little relation to the underlying design. Some of the pips are upside down (as revealed by the words 'a bon droyt' on them).

My feeling is that this is a grand old deck, badly restored and presented.

My Devil is a nasty two-headed beast eating a man. I understand that no Devil card exists in the original deck. I like the Tower, though (which isn't original either.)

I'm wishing I'd gone for a non-restored version of the deck, but I thought the details would be easier to see in this one. You live and learn.

All the best,

FH

Pollux

I saw the one by US-Games.
The Scarabeo is much better to me!
And I believe we own the same deck. ;P
I prefer this to not-restored ones! ;p