Ace of pentalces - After tarot

Awkward.turtle91

c3d11d7c8f9719c03f887d9d395369be.jpg

Whilst shuffling my After Tarot deck
I asked what can you tell me about the development with my relationship/friendship with a person I know.

And the ace of pentacles jumped out twice in this book it's all about pursuing dreams and new leases of life.

I'm wondering if this is suggesting that the friendship (currently it is I don't know why I wrote relationship) has a chance of developing into something further if I'm willing to pursue it and chase after it, maybe it will have a new lease of life?

Any other thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rwcarter

Hmmm...., I have that deck and don't remember that card!

Despite what the book says, looking at the image, the solid pentacle has been dropped to allow a fly to land in the hand. So something solid, stable and steady has been let go for something that is fleeting as flies don't stay in one place for long. So as where development of the friendship is going, I think the image is asking you to decide whether you want something fleeting (the fly) or something longer term and lasting (the dropped pentacle).

Rodney

Awkward.turtle91

Hmmm...., I have that deck and don't remember that card!

Despite what the book says, looking at the image, the solid pentacle has been dropped to allow a fly to land in the hand. So something solid, stable and steady has been let go for something that is fleeting as flies don't stay in one place for long. So as where development of the friendship is going, I think the image is asking you to decide whether you want something fleeting (the fly) or something longer term and lasting (the dropped pentacle).

Rodney

Hey rodney,

That card is in there I can assure you, and it's a scarab beetle not a fly, which I think is about rebirth so I'm not sure if this changes what you're trying to say to me. It's being handed to the sun I think.

We all would like something long lasting wouldn't we?

rwcarter

Hey rodney,

That card is in there I can assure you, and it's a scarab beetle not a fly, which I think is about rebirth so I'm not sure if this changes what you're trying to say to me. It's being handed to the sun I think.

We all would like something long lasting wouldn't we?
Oh, I believe it's in there! What I meant is that I'm surprised the image didn't jump out at me when I looked through the deck.

Dung beetle. Yes, that changes my interpretation, especially since the cards are arranged in constellations in the Afterthoughts book. So I can see how the card could represent the potential to create something lasting. The dropped pentacle represents the foundation and the dung beetle represents the potential.

Rodney

Awkward.turtle91

Oh, I believe it's in there! What I meant is that I'm surprised the image didn't jump out at me when I looked through the deck.

Dung beetle. Yes, that changes my interpretation, especially since the cards are arranged in constellations in the Afterthoughts book. So I can see how the card could represent the potential to create something lasting. The dropped pentacle represents the foundation and the dung beetle represents the potential.

Rodney

Dung beetles are awfully bizzare creatures, so possibly the friendship would develop into something stable and the sort of friendship that would stay through tick and thin?

I wonder if the dropped pentacle suggest as you've mentioned about foundations that we've managed to create a stable foundation already for a more permanent friendship with out realising it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intotouch

The Ace of Pentacles has signifies sex in my readings.

Awkward.turtle91

The Ace of Pentacles has signifies sex in my readings.

well that's different, how did you get to the fact that the ace of pentacles signifies sex to me personally that would be the ace of wands .. :)

Nosgo

First thing that came to my mind when I saw the golden beetle was this short anecdot from C. G. Jung :

"A young woman I was treating had, at a critical moment, a dream in which she was given a golden scarab. While she was telling me this dream, I sat with my back to the closed window. Suddenly I heard a noise behind me, like a gentle tapping. I turned round and saw a flying insect knocking against the window-pane from the outside. I opened the window and caught the creature in the air as it flew in. It was the nearest analogy to a golden scarab one finds in our latitudes, a scarabaeid beetle, the common rose-chafer (Cetonia aurata), which, contrary to its usual habits had evidently felt the urge to get into a dark room at this particular moment. I must admit that nothing like it ever happened to me before or since."

The Ace of pentacles is for me a card of great potential. You have the choice to "cultivate your garden" (the friendship) or go through the arch to new horizons. Nothing is done or set in stone : you have the tools in your hands, the choice is yours. What I find amusing is that the scarab in Egypt refer to the ancient god Kheprer who "roll" the sun along the sky and in this card, the beetle seems to have roll the coin out of the hand, not across the sky but across the garden. What a beautiful image for friendship :)

The Ace of Pentacles often means the offering of something tangible. I have seen it represent someone offering to buy you dinner or providing financial assistance, for example.

rwcarter

well that's different, how did you get to the fact that the ace of pentacles signifies sex to me personally that would be the ace of wands .. :)
The female side of sex vs the male side? Pentacles are passive and Wands are active, so that also fits.