3 & 7 Swords - How Someone Sees You

SweetSiren

I'm having trouble figuring out how to read a position like this. Does the person who sees empty those qualities, or does the person being observed have those qualities in their opinion?

This is not a romantic relationship in any way, but it does involve a very tangled series of events. In the spirit of honesty, I conducted the reading for myself because I doubted something that I had done, despite that I thought about it for some time. The woman in question was the other woman, and I wrote to her. Her and my ex were always good friends, and my intuition always told me something was weird with them. They have romantic encounters every so often, even if they are in other relationships and I found out that she's supplied him with hard drugs. In the letter, I told her that I knew mostly everything, and that it hurt that she was so fake to me and acted like someone I could trust. I told her I wasn't searching for reconciliation, but I wanted to get the truth off my chest.

I didn't really want to explain all of that, but I do think it adds to what the cards are saying.

So, I am wondering if these cards embody HER mental state, especially with the swords involved. If I read that way, I see it as her wanting to avoid the truth and all the things she knows, and that being confronted with the truth and that her "innocent games" hurt other people actually cut her pretty deep. Now that I've written all this out, I see that I don't really care to know her side, but I'm pretty interested in what you guys have to say about these cards.

rwcarter

Let's say the other woman is Jane. You did a reading, part of which focused on how Jane sees you. So why would you assume those cards represent her mental state? That's not even close to what you asked.

Jane sees you as being heartbroken (3S) and sneaky (7S, or cowardly because you wrote her instead of facing her). Just because Jane sees you that way doesn't mean that you are though.

You might want to think that her mental state is reflected in those cards. but that's reading what you want to see in those cards.

Rodney

SweetSiren

That's the heart of my question. Some people read cards in similar positions as this as what that person experiences at the thought of you. Others take an approach like yours.

And I wrote to her because she lives two hours away. So I hope she wouldn't think that's cowardice to not physically face her lol And honestly, that is what spurred my other interpretation because I don't see how anything I did could be deemed as sneaky, she, after all, was the sneaky one. So I think that's why I went the way I did. And I'm open to other ideas on that card anyway. I have a pretty myopic view of it.

At any rate, she wouldn't be wrong to see me as heartbroken. And that's another reason why I read it differently than you. I've never been that person before, the position she is in, and I just figured if I was the kind of person to do something like that, I probably wouldn't be understanding at all of the other's feelings. I mean, people do those kinds of things in the first place because they aren't thinking of anyone else but themselves, right? That's where my head was anyway.

SweetSiren

On another note, the seven of swords has all swords to himself, which could indicate an unwillingness to communicate. So she could see me as someone who wants have the last say and be uncompromising.

headincloud

Someone who got to the heart of the matter in a big way, she may see you as an effective spy, a lone wolf, an enemy who's stressed and anxious in the 3S, she may think you're playing head games.