Saturn.... What the heck!

decan

That's it! Saturn is direct again :)

MissNine

I'm a Capricorn and Saturn is my ruling planet. Any chart someone's done for me says Saturn is in my chart or house, etc. Does that mean capricorns have harder lives than the rest?

decan

That you are Capricorn means that your Sun is in Capricorn sign; the Sun isn't afflicted in Capricorn.
My Sun is in Aquarius, so traditionaly ruled by Saturn as well but afflicted (in detriment).

Lord 1, the ruler of the Ascendant is very important, with the Moon position.

S.B.

I'm currently undergoing my Saturn return; Saturn is also my chart ruler as I've Capricorn Rising. The ride has been nothing but misery when it first entered Sagittarius. It did improve afterwards slightly and now things are slowly becoming better.

I'll say this: Saturn seeks to crush the ego and make us aware of our mortality so that we live our lives aligned to our visions. This has certainly been the case for me, so I'm very appreciative of my ruler.

Ronia

Not really crushing anything, being the ruler of Capricorn, a very ambitious sign with indeed, a big ego. Saturn as an Ascendant ruler (as is for me too) is an influence which comes in much easier way to the querent than it is for other people who don't have him as an Ascendant ruler. And being Lord of the first house, he does boost the ego albeit through some challenges. It also gives physical strength of the quiet, persevering type. As well as slower aging, Saturn is Lord of Time. And many other things. But crushing the ego as lord of the Ascendant he doesn't. Saturn hates drama. :D

I had him on my natal Sun till a year ago, will have him in the first, being my Lord of the Ascendant from next year. Good care of the health was essential, went to see my doctor each time the slightest thing felt wrong. Took care of my teeth without allowing him to remind me. Increased my vitamin D intake to prevent bone failures, improved my vitamin and eating regime. Saturn requires discipline and perseverance. And patience. If you give him that, you'll be OK. And work consciously on staying positive, especially during transits to the natal Sun and Moon. They may be emotionally draining.