Angles answering yes or no in a horary chart.

Sharla

Am i correct that in regards to a horary question of a yes or no answer.....without even going into the planets etc, and just going on the angles....so if all angles are mutable its a no answer. If a mixture of fixed or cardinal its a yes answer. ?

And then the chart will obviously tell the story for good or bad.

Also going on fixed and cardinal, if you had say AC cardinal which is also a polarity (positive), DC cardinal and also a polarity (positive), MC fixed and polarity (positive), and IC fixed and polarity (positive)....would this make this a positive yes ? NPI.

NOTE: just done my first horary chart and im fumbling through it, but would like confirmation on this first.

Minderwiz

The short answer is 'No'. What matters is the significators (that is the planets that signify the questioner and the subject of the question). There are also a series of considerations before judgement, which might lead you to suspend or defer judgement but simply looking at the angles (other than the first which signifies the person asking the question) is of little use.

Many questions don't involve the other three angles, at all, though in my experience questions relating to long term relationships (seventh) and employment and career (tenth) are the more common ones.

Arm yourself with a good text, such as Anthony Louis, John Frawley, Lee Lehman or Olivia Barclay. For a beginner, I'd go for Anthony Louis. Take it slowly and ask questions about the bits you don't follow or understand. As a beginner, there will be such questions. So feel free to ask.

For a Yes/No question, you'd look at the testimonies of the various planets. You would want to see a balance in favour of strong essential dignity and strong accidental dignity to go for a 'Yes' answer, assuming that 'Yes' involves some form of action on your part.

Sharla

The short answer is 'No'. What matters is the significators (that is the planets that signify the questioner and the subject of the question). There are also a series of considerations before judgement, which might lead you to suspend or defer judgement but simply looking at the angles (other than the first which signifies the person asking the question) is of little use.
Thanks Minderwiz, i did literally just jump in at the deep end doing this chart and im still working on it now (ive not even got my answer yet lol) but it has been good practise, because now i know more of what your talking about.
Going on considerations before judgement, my AC is 27 deg which after much research ive found out that this means ive asked the question too late and there's nothing i can do about the outcome.....but this has confused me a little because this doesn't answer my question. Ive also read somewhere else that it means that you already know the answer if your AC is 27-29 deg old, but if i knew the answer i wouldn't have asked in the first place.
I have no moon void of course, as my moon is 4 deg and i don't have saturn in the 7th house, and i also don't have moon on via combusta because my moon is 4deg sagittarius.
So apart from my 27 deg Asc, everything seemed fine to proceed.
Many questions don't involve the other three angles, at all, though in my experience questions relating to long term relationships (seventh) and employment and career (tenth) are the more common ones.

Arm yourself with a good text, such as Anthony Louis, John Frawley, Lee Lehman or Olivia Barclay. For a beginner, I'd go for Anthony Louis. Take it slowly and ask questions about the bits you don't follow or understand. As a beginner, there will be such questions. So feel free to ask.

For a Yes/No question, you'd look at the testimonies of the various planets. You would want to see a balance in favour of strong essential dignity and strong accidental dignity to go for a 'Yes' answer, assuming that 'Yes' involves some form of action on your part.

Thanks for the recommendations of the books, i have actually already learnt quite a lot since posting this question but yes having a good book to study also, will be of great help.

"For a Yes/No question, you'd look at the testimonies of the various planets. You would want to see a balance in favour of strong essential dignity and strong accidental dignity to go for a 'Yes' answer,"

I was just reading something on "skyscript" about this, and i ended up clicking off it instead of taking notes :( Going to look back at this, now you've mentioned this.