'Signed' Conver deck on eBay

The 78th Fool

Just started a thread on this without realising that this was here!!!!

I think this is authentic but a the same time it's probably quite a late printing due to the pattern on the back which looks as if it's been printed with a more advanced printing technique.

still wouldn't turm my nose up at this though!
Chris. xx

tmgrl2

I, too, am somewhat suspicious at that price for an "original" with all of the cards intact.

terri

The 78th Fool

tmgrl2 said:
I, too, am somewhat suspicious at that price for an "original" with all of the cards intact.

terri

Hi Terri,

I think it's 'original' ie. it probably is a genuine Conver, but I don't think it's early because of the design on the back, which looks as if it was printed with much more advanced equipment than the woodcut blocks used for the fronts.

If that's the case then this might be a real Conver from the 1800's or something like that. It will be interesting to know what anyone else thinks.

Whatever's the case. I'd still find a home for this deck!!!

Chris. xx

Rusty Neon

tmgrl2 said:

terri

There is no price set for this ebay deck. There is no 'Buy Now' price. As of this moment, there have been 4 bids, the highest being $203.50 U.S. However, not even that bid hasn't met the [undisclosed] reserve price.

By the way, for those of you who like the stark vibrancy of the ebay deck, check out the Lo Scarabeo "Ancient Tarots of Marseilles", a reproduction of the 1760 Conver, which reproduces a similarly starkly vibrant deck compared to the 1760 Conver (Heron).

Little Baron

Re: Look What@s On Ebay!!!!!

The 78th Fool said:
Wouldn't you just love to be able to write a blank cheque for this!

I could definitely find a home for that.

At the moment, I can't afford to write any kind of cheque, lol.

Yaboot

tmgrl2

I e-mailed sellers re deck. They have an excellent track record with e-bay. They said everything they sell is fully refundable.

They maintain deck is what they say and sent me scan of Six de Batons:

Attachments

• six.jpg
    six.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 189

spoonbender

Did you see? A mysterious "j_mdavid" is one of the bidders... Sound familiar? ;)

tmgrl2

Oh dear....I hope we are not bidding against one another...I'll check out that "mysterious" bidder, spoonbender. Who else could that be??

terri