Idea for Tarot Software Project

Wogger

Hi all,

I'm a computer science student and had an idea for a software project concerning Tarot. I'd like to get some feedback about this, including what features you think should be included, and if anyone would be interested in using it.

The main purpose of this project would be to easily integrate data collected from a Tarot reading into a weblog (blog for short). If you don't know what a blog is, it's like an online journal or diary, sometimes about a specific topic (like a blog on your cats, or your travels) If you'd like to see an example of one, go to www.wogger.com (shameless plug)

Anyway, this project would involve making it easier to put images, meanings of cards, and interpretations and whatever other info into an entry of a blog.

For features, this is what I had in mind (in the order they would appear):

1) preliminary info about the reading, the querent, nature of question, deck used, etc.

2) card images in the shape of the spread being read (standard spreads) - hopefully card images would be of the deck being read

3) you can click on these images to get general card meanings (possibly linked remotely to Thirteen's descriptions, with her permission of course)

4) below the spread, you would be able to list each card one by one and give your comments on them as they relate to each other

5) and underneath this, you can comment in general about the spread as a whole

You would then be able to post this into your blog as an entry.

For technical aspects (which I'm sure not too many will care about):

I plan on developing this as a plug-in for MovableType (at www.movabletype.org) which is a fairly popular blogging system. (I use it) Later, if the project is successful I'll considering adding support for other blogging systems (like Blogger, LiveJournal, GreyMatter)

I'm looking to develop this open-source, and for free, because it just sounds like an interesting project.

What does everyone think? Any ideas?

Cheers,
Wogger

wavebreaker

Wow, sounds like a great idea!
I sometimes post readings on my LiveJournal, so it would be great to have it available for LJ as well!