Box or Drawstring Pouch?

What would you rather have your deck packaged in?

• A 2-part box (cardboard, cardstock)

Votes: 33 56.9%
  • A drawstring pouch (faux suede, velvet, etc)

Votes: 25 43.1%

• Total voters

reall

@Sassyinkpen oh! good point!:)) nothing worse than big flimsy box!x,x lolz ;))

WinterGrim

I prefer a bag. I love finding bags for each of my decks, in a style that I feel goes along with the deck (just recently custom ordered two for my Ceccoli tarot lol)

Box wise, I do love the wooden ones with intricate carvings. I am also in agreement with a previous post about wanting a box that is only large enough to house the deck.

Arthurdubya

Very interesting responses! I should've clarified that the drawstring pouch usually ends up being cheaper. I'm currently looking into a 2-part WOODEN box as well.

ematuskey

I like oversized boxes if they include the deck /and/ the illustrated guidebooks (not to be confused with the LWB).

G6

LESS SPACE

Boxes are nice, but for folks that have a lot of decks they take up too much space. I'm looking at the WU box set, which is very well done, but if the book and deck were in a bag it would be half the size and easier to transport. For this reason, I would vote for nice bag with embroidered/embossed symbol or logo OR bag with matching image from one of the cards.

Mossery

Boxes, for sure. It's interesting that some like the tarot deck + book sets that don't contain a box. Those drive me nuts, lol!

I am still trying to find bags for a handful of decks I have that didn't include anything for storage. Namely the Wildwood and New Orlean's Voodoo tarot. They're wrapped in scarves right now. Pretty, but not very space efficient. [emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SarahJoy

Box! The box must fit the deck -- packaging that holds the full-size book with the deck wedged into partitions is NOT the same thing.

I like tuck boxes over clamshells; I end up having to rubber band a clam shell before I throw it in my handbag. If a deck doesn't include a box, I usually make a tuck box.

I don't mind is the box gets worn. It's job is to protect the cards, and a well-fitted box does a better job at that than a bag where the cards can slide around and get banged up.

A well-fitting tin is ideal, because it protects the deck from surprise rain showers.

rylla

Box, definitely!

ETA it's easier to find a suitable pouch for a deck than a nice, matching box. I can remove from the box and put it in a pouch myself if that would be my preference.

ETA or at least a pouch with the name of the deck on it. There was a time I used to put decks in pouches, after a while I could not remember which pouch had which deck :)

G6

You could offer both options. Half in a bag and half in a box.

HudsonGray

Bags. My boxes all have the top cover closure disintegrate on the folded edges within a short time.