Live on Kickstarter

Arthurdubya

Noticed your artwork on Kickstarter...Very Nice!

Thank you! God speed you on your journey. I'm going to have to go through the same thing in a few months. :bugeyed:

GothicArt

I can't believe this deck isn't doing better (???) What's going on here???

Its all about marketing which I'm not that great at, I'm sure it would do much better if I had some marketing skills and thank you

GothicArt

Thank you! God speed you on your journey. I'm going to have to go through the same thing in a few months. :bugeyed:

Well because you have the campaign for your artwork I think you have already gained your audience so I dont think you will have any problems getting backers for your deck

gregory

I am told facebook is helpful getting campaigns out there. I don't go, so I don't know how that works, but...

DDwarks

Its all about marketing which I'm not that great at, I'm sure it would do much better if I had some marketing skills and thank you

Well in that case you've got a good platform here with us for a start.

How about opening a thread and posting ONE card at a time with your view on it? Put your art out there for discussion and sell yourself/introduce yourself in the process :)

Facebook is another good one too I'm told.

It would be a real shame if your deck didn't make it :(

GothicArt

Well in that case you've got a good platform here with us for a start.

How about opening a thread and posting ONE card at a time with your view on it? Put your art out there for discussion and sell yourself/introduce yourself in the process :)

Facebook is another good one too I'm told.

It would be a real shame if your deck didn't make it :(

Wow that is an fab idea, I will do that I'm just about to finish up the Justice card

gregory

So sorry you didn't make it - but may I make a beg. For those of us backers who don't do facebook - PLEASE keep us updated here too. I for one cannot follow it there.

rylla

Just from my experience: I looked at kickstarter, I liked the art, I thought oh I have to back this project, let me see the cards. I found only 3 major arcana card and a few cups. That info is not enough for me to back a project. If I'd seen a few cards from each minors and a few court cards I'd have had an idea how this deck is structured and what I am backing. So posting (much) more cards on kickstarter, or starting a kickstarter when you have more cards ready might help!
(I had the impression - which was probably wrong - that you have only these cards ready -which for me it's not reassuring enough that the project will ever be finished or that the deck will be well structured or to get an idea about the deck as a whole).
IMHO what really advertise a deck are the cards themselves. The more are posted the bigger the chance of people backing the project (posted in a clear view - some people post pictures of a deck with cards thrown all over the place like you do with Marokko sticks -that doesn't do the job for me).

Good luck with your next kickstarter!