Who owns Living the Tarot?

Sam

i've personally met amber! she was at gateways, iknow, i know. she was doing a seminar there, so i went. it was weird, but fun.

Jewel

78 Degrees of Wisdom

I concur with Truthsayer. 78 Degrees of Wisdom is a great book, and a classic. If you want to see a little of what it is about go to the Study Groups forum, we are currently studying the book now so you will find summaries of the first few chapters plus exercises we came up with to apply the concepts we are learning in the book.

Hummingbird

Golden Dawn or not, blah blah blah. Who cares? The book is a useful TOOL. That is its point.

jmd

It is great that you find this book such a useful tool, Hummingbird, as undoubtedly many others on (and off) this forum also do.

For some of us, that it does take BOTA material as its fundament is important, as it places the book - and how useful a tool it may or may not be - in context. If I wanted a tool with BOTA-type assumptions, then it would undoubtedly be a good tool. If, on the other hand, I need a tool which clearly explains how, for example, the letter Alef may intimately be related to the Magician, then as a tool it remains as useful as using a hammer to spread jam on my croissant.

Usefulness of books also depends, to some extent, on whether the assumptions made are consistent with where one is travelling - a roadmap for Beijing may be very interesting, but not very useful during my residence in Melbourne.

The book remains well written and useful within particular contexts :).