wiccked stepmother tarot project

Chronata

oh rabble...I just adored your cards in Kittaine's tarot!
I am delighted to see these cards as well!

I really love the name of the deck too!

But what makes them more wonderful for me, is that you have a very specific style. Most 'collage decks ' I don't really care for, because there doesn't seem to be a cohesiveness or similar sense of style from one card to the next...
Yours definately look like they all belong in the same deck.

I am looking forward to your progress on this!

rabble

Thank you, Chronata.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of it too!

I'm not at all a planner, this is very much a deck created out of inspiration. Cards just seem to grow in my mind until they're ready :) Actually, that's true of any of my artwork, from these cards, to my jewellery, and my tarot bags, and anything else I might create, too.

rabble

I've just posted The Star.

I like it... but I have mixed feelings.. I'd like your thoughts :)

please :)

Astra

rabble, these are really good. I don't particularly like spiders, but using one for the Hanged One opens up all sorts of interesting possibilities for a reader, and I may experiment with something of the sort myself. Strength is gorgeous, and the colored version is, yes, much more visually appealing.

I'm not sure about the second version of the Hermit - I found myself trying to read the text that was in the flowers, and ended up quite frustrated. grrrr....

Do more! Post more! Neat stuff.

CreativeFire

rabble said:
I've just posted The Star.

I like it... but I have mixed feelings.. I'd like your thoughts :)

please :)

rabble, it is lovely! The water looks so crystal clear and refreshing. Is that a little fish I see hiding down in the bottom corner? ;)

rabble

No fish - did you see the ant?

I could use a pond photo with fish ... but I wanted just the clear water.

I also looked through months of photos for one of the terracotta jug I have half buried in the edge of the pond, but I couldn't find one! And I also had two steams of water flowing one into the pond and one onto the ground, but took them out, and decided simplicity was much better.

rabble

Thanks, Astra.

Your comments on the text are interesting. It drives ferrous mad, but other people like it. It doesn't really say anything. It's just a "brush".

I think ferrous said at one stage well at least make it say something then!

M-Press

Hi rabble!

very interesting stuff you are cooking there in your onion... makes me think "when did you last felt the love of nature" kind of thing...

I'm not keen on giving feedback on individual cards, but since the text issue is an issue: Just be consistent. Text can be used as a background pattern or, as something that says something-and needs to be read. So , just choose, so if we read something in one card, we won't have to spill our eyes out to find what is says in another...when it doesn't...

The name: I have 2 stepmothers. I like both of them very much. I don't like the name here, for a deck that looks more like a mother...;)

very inspiring, natural and aesthetic.... a walk in the park!:)

ferrous

*chuckle* Yep, I'm not a huge fan of the text. Well, it's not the text being there, that I mind, I just know that rabble can write really well, so I think she should leave the text there, but make it words that means something to her, rather than just the gibberish of the photoshop (or whatever app it is) brush.

As soon as I read Astra's comment I thought, "Ha! See? I'm not the only one!!" rotfl! :D

Chronata

The text is one of the things that I really like about these cards.

It doesn't bother me that it doesn't say anything (or anything meaningful) but the fact that there are words scripted as a overlay to the image is what makes all the cards seem to belong together.
It reminds me of a particular style of interior decorating that I really like.
It adds a historic flair and an air of secret correspondance, romance and hidden messages.

I love the star!
What a brilliantly inviiting card!
I so want to fall into it ...and just breathe!
Perfect relaxing imagery for this archetype.
I especially like the reflections off the water.