Kissa Tarot - The Fool 0

GryffinSong

I've been trying to find this deck for ages, and finally, with the help of a Finnish member, received my copy today. I opened the box and was faced with the Fool card. The entire feeling of this deck is summarized right here in the very first card.

Most Fool cards feel very masculine to me. A young man is about to step off a cliff. All about sky and risk and daring innocence.

This Fool is completely different. A woman walks into a pond, her arms spread wide in welcome and openness. A ginger cat watches from the shore. The woman is up to her thighs in water, and the atmosphere in the card is dark and soft with flowers blooming on one shore and wintry bare-branched trees on the other. I see this Fool as gently entering her inner world. Sinking into a dream state where she can learn and grow in a deep and inner way. Growing wisdom in an inner journey, rather than the outer journey that's portrayed in a typical Fool. Yes, I know that the fool is always about our personal inner journeys. But the symbolism here is so feminine, so soft, so clear to me. When I meditate, or journey with my guides, I often start at a pond. This card reminds me of my inner pond, where I often sink below the water's surface to seek truth and wisdom.

I don't think I've ever had a deck introduce itself so clearly and immediately. For such naive, even primitive artwork, this deck sure packs a punch!!!

Hemera

I also love this card. I had never really noticed how feminine and gentle it is compared to many other Fools out there.
I think it is special that it is the red dressed woman who is the foolish one whereas the cat is wary and doubting and not at all sure that the woman is very wise.
The book says one should follow the natural rythms and trust that everything will work out just fine. One is just as free as one is allowing oneself to be. Stay alert in the middle of changes but never fear. Trust your heart and trust that the Universe will provide.

GryffinSong

Thanks for sharing what the book says about this card. I totally see that meaning in the woman choosing how deep she wants to go in the pond.

I hadn't thought about the cat's skepticism, but that's perfect. I can just hear the cat saying to itself "silly human, what's she doing in the water?"

Hemera

GryffinSong said:
Thanks for sharing what the book says about this card.
A lot in this book is rather annoyingly "new agey" in that everything is just about letting love flow and trusting the vibes of the Universe etc. So generally I don´t think you are missing a great deal :) There are a few nice ideas here and there but I feel the cards themselves speak louder than the book.