Druidic Tree of Life?

coyoteblack

Hello all

I am laboring my way through Dion Fortunes Mystical Qabalah and she was saying we can apply Greek, egyptian, Celtic methods to the tree of life and work with it in those systems.

I would love a Druid/Celtic version, as it will be much easier to work with a Celtic pantheon then angels.

Does anyone know where I can find more information on this? or even if I was miss reading it some clarity would be awesome.

jmd

Perhaps it may be worth recalling that Dione Fortune is working from a GD perspective, and that the various pantheons of disparate locations are correlated in specific ways by them (in the process, to my mind, shifting their attributes).

In that sense, it is not a "Druidic Tree of Life" that is produced, but rather still the Kircher version of the Kabbalist's Tree of Life as modified by the GD and on which are added Celtic Godnames.

From memory, Gareth Knight's Practical Guide to Qabalistic Symbolism(an expansion of Dion Fortune's book) includes Celtic godforms - but it's been some 20 years since I looked at it, and no longer have a copy to double check this.

coyoteblack

Thank you JMD. So it is the same tree of life only with Celtic god names ?

Thanks again.

Scion

It is. Knight is pretty much Golden Dawn based for his Qabalah, so he's mapping different deities onto the Golden Dawn's reconception of the Sephiroth and their attributions. (which will be familiar to you from Wang's book)

I have a copy of the Knight book that I can check once I get back home... If I forget, just remind me, CB. :)

S

coyoteblack

Thanks Scion I will remind you in our meetup thread or PM .I really need to find another alchemical deck to trade you for books.