Dame Fortune's Wheel Study Group - anyone interested?

Ambergree

which book is this?

Now I have to read it.

I wanted to know what spreads get the best results out of these cards. I made up one myself that works fairly well:

I fan the cards out in front of consultant.

Consultant draws two cards, one on each side of significator:

card 1: present situation
Card 2: future situation

after I explain the cards, I ask them to draw a third card, which is placed in between the two cards, a "bridge card"

Card 3: forces that hinder or help consultant to get from present to future

palzom

Nice!!

The book is Mystical Origins of the Tarot, also by Paul Huson.

Ambergree

cool will have to read it then

I am going through the extended LWB, its making it a whole lot easier to understand.

I found this deck to be a lot easier to decipher, I think it is because it seems to deal with more regular issues. Not necessarily Fruedian/Jungian unconsciousness things like Post-RW decks seem to focus on.

kalliope

I just posted an intro note in another DFWT thread, stating that I might join the study group discussions. I realize now I should have posted here, rather than the old deck discussion thread. Here's my post so I don't spam everyone by copying and pasting it here:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=2645878&postcount=292

Oh, in my above post I forgot to post that I'm working from both the extended LWB that someone kindly posted as a PDF, and from Paul's book, which I just received the other day.

-kalliope

Rose Lalonde

I've finished Paul Huson's book and am glad to find this study group. I added a thread for The Fool and have a couple of questions I'll post soon too - re Knave of Cups and 4 of Coins. I know this hasn't been updated in years, but fellow DFW lovers are probably still around. :)

Queen of Disks

I'll study with you! I have issues with Marseilles type decks, but I get along great with this deck. The pips are actually illustrated and it makes sense to me!:thumbsup:

Rose Lalonde

That's good news, Queen of Disks! We'll both study. :D

Chrystella

I'm working with this amazing deck this month. Just bumping this thread to see if there's any interest in reviving the study group.