Best Thoth book to start with

Nemia

Thank you also from me, I bought the Wang book and I'm reading it right now. Dion Fortune will be next.

Miss Woo

Peeking in just to say thank you for this thread. I'm bookmarking it for when I decide to try the Thoth.

Thank you also from me, I bought the Wang book and I'm reading it right now. Dion Fortune will be next.

No worries. Yes, it's very helpful. People have been so lovely and kind :)

Miss Woo

I have my Thoth deck and book, and I couldn't get into it.

I've decided that the Thoth isn't for me, and I would prefer to do other things with my time. I'm a Pug lover, for example, and I'm getting a Pug puppy in four days, and l would prefer to put my energy into my love of Pugs.

I have also decided that I would prefer to put my time and money into collecting more 'fun' decks*.

Also, I did a few readings with the Thoth, and I couldn't relate to the cards at all. And Duquette's card meanings are nothing like my own; l found them really strange.

*My idea of fun decks is still pretty dark: Bohemian Gothic, Deviant Moon, Ghosts and Spirits and Zombie Tarot, for example.

gregory

Thoth meanings ARE different. That's part of the point. I'd really give it longer than 6 days....

Miss Woo

Thoth meanings ARE different. That's part of the point. I'd really give it longer than 6 days....

:laugh:

Perhaps you're right. Six days isn't very long. Maybe I'll have a look at it again once the novelty of having a new puppy wears off.

foolMoon

Which is the best Tarot deck?

This youtube video seems explaining well about the character of different type of decks and how to approach to them, although the presenter of the video seems heavily biased towards his favourite deck in his opinion. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OijFlU95eGI