Death clarified by the Star? weird...

FountainGurl

Hey guys !

Something quite unexpected just happened to me, I often pull minor arcana cards as feelings or feelings for someone, and today I just got two majors... as far as I know, when you draw an "extra" card as clarifier, that extra card is supposed to mean the same as the previous card, right? the answer is just being told in a different way but, is it always that way???

So, I was asking a bunch of questions, and one of them was:
*How did this guy feel about my last message? :D

( You see, this one seems to be a pretty innocent question, but trust me, message was really important ) :)

Well, how is the Star supposed to share some meaning with Death? They seem to be quite different from each other; in one hand I have death, which means endings, or a change cycle to put everything in a nutshell; while on the other hand, the Star tell us about Hope and Inspiration, thinking positively, etc. So, how do these two mix? how can the Star give a similar meaning to death? is the Star telling me about what is being born after death? since it was a clarifier, isn't it supposed to mean the same?

Thank you in advance!

Farzon

Well, how is the Star supposed to share some meaning with Death?

Sparing you my usual word of warning against clarifiers (you already see that they use to make things even more complicated), I'll just answer the above question:

Death is about a natural ending. You can't choose it, you can't escape it. Everyone fears that card but in my experience, it's often better afterwards. Things that end already have a bad influence on our lives, so it's often better to let go.

The Star is about healing, hopes, dreams and plans. The Star points towards the future.

So in combination, the Star will strengthen the meaning of a better aftermath to the ending stage. This is already present in Death itself - think of the sun in the RWS card or the Phoenix in the Book of Thoth - and the Star simply stresses this meaning like "yes, you will be better soon".

Barleywine

Whenever I see the Star following a seemingly dire card I think of a ship's navigator locating the Pole Star to put him back on course after a storm at sea that completely disoriented him. Aleister Crowley wrote a poem called "One Star in Sight" that seems relevant, especially with the Death card.

http://ordoaa.org/osispoem.htm

yannie

I saw this and couldn't help thinking of the Death Star 😆

That could mean something.

Farzon

I saw this and couldn't help thinking of the Death Star 😆

That could mean something.
Like! 😂
Could just be, it isn't what she wanted to hear...

headincloud

Is whatever is ending a wished for outcome perhaps.

nisaba

Well, how is the Star supposed to share some meaning with Death?

Death indicates the total end of a situation. That *could* be a BAD situation.

The star indicates hope for something different to what you have.

So you may have to go through an end-of-seomthing for something new and more positive to replace it. They seem to relate, to me. They're looking at the same message from different angles.

FountainGurl

So in combination, the Star will strengthen the meaning of a better aftermath to the ending stage. This is already present in Death itself - think of the sun in the RWS card or the Phoenix in the Book of Thoth - and the Star simply stresses this meaning like "yes, you will be better soon".

:bugeyed::(
I've seen bad reactions about love confession, but this is definitely the worst...

Whenever I see the Star following a seemingly dire card I think of a ship's navigator locating the Pole Star to put him back on course after a storm at sea that completely disoriented him. Aleister Crowley wrote a poem called "One Star in Sight" that seems relevant, especially with the Death card.

http://ordoaa.org/osispoem.htm
put him back on course... to be honest, I don't know what to say :D
Death indicates the total end of a situation. That *could* be a BAD situation.

The star indicates hope for something different to what you have.

So you may have to go through an end-of-seomthing for something new and more positive to replace it. They seem to relate, to me. They're looking at the same message from different angles.
Well, I just know I'm in love :D
Thanks for your answer