Oracle of Visions: Card Thirteen

Onyx

The Seamstress weaves her threads of multi-colored light to create a rainbow from her sewing machine.

Productivity, Control, Organization. Bringing the different components to create a new greater whole. How do we take to the idea that we are the ones that must to the work to bring the creation to birth. The Seamstress is the worker of the threads that other may have spun and the that even others have sheared from sheep or unwound from the work of the silk worm. Her task is to create the end result.

Weaving, sewing and the threads are all great images for the way that the small things can come together for the greater whole. The effort is considered more worthy when the end is seen as a great work. The awareness of what needs to happen for all the elements to work together is essential.

The Seamstress has a fierce look on her face as she winds the thread of color in there fingers. The work of creation, productivity and organization is one of determination and will not just happen by chance. The fierce are the ones that are committed to the work and able to develop the plan and work it until the end and they are able to see it to fruition.

This card will ask me if I am able to see my way through the clutter of the elements to the end result and if I am willing to work to achieve that end.

DragonFae

I like your description and ideas about The Seamstress. While you say she looks fierce.... what immediately jumped into my mind when looking at her is that she looks almost "manic". As if she is so concentrated on control that she has lost herself in it all. (lol) So when reading with the card we can keep both in mind.

"she blends them into a rainbow of unity" This also jumped out at me from the book...and what a wonderful descriptor...coaxing and weaving until they offer up their very best in a rainbow of unity. To me this card might also represent that....the act of someone bringing out the best in others.

Either way....an awesome card....