Waking up crying - interpretations?

Kiti von Absinthe

-
-
:arrow:(WARNING - mildly disturbing content... I'll be as gentle as possible)

Last night, I had a far-too-realistic dream and awoke crying. It wasn't a lucid dream, but it was so vivid that I had a hard time believing that it was only a dream. There were several dreams all wrapped into one long, continuous one. Each part was different problems I've had in my life through the years, some of which contained very explicit imagery and sensitive subject matter (some things which I doubt I'd be allowed to discuss here).

Does it mean anything specifically to wake up crying? I'm talking full-on, emotional breakdown, soaked pillow, remnants of makeup smeared all over my face, uncontrollable sobbing. I couldn't even stop once I was fully awake.

Everything I dreamt was a spot-on re-enactment from actual situations I've been through. Some things I remember from the dream(s) are:
-Watching my best friend get killed
-Sexual abuse (numerous times and at different ages)
-My cat choking to death
-Physical abuse (getting shot, being stuck with different objects, etc.)
-Being hit by a car on my bike
-Being in a "should-have-died" car accident
-My mother nearly dying in our front yard
-Almost drowning in the lake where I've spent my childhood summers

Anyone have the slightest clue as to what any of this means? I didn't do anything differently yesterday than I normally do. I ate and drank normally, didn't watch anything disturbing on TV, no drugs or alcohol, no new or strenuous activity, wasn't over-tired or exhausted, no new medications or change in health condition...

If you need to ask further questions, please do. I'm willing to discuss any details I can remember as long as you're prepared for what you might hear. This isn't first time this has happened, and I'm sure it won't be the last. I'd like to figure this out so that I can either stop the dreams, or just gain some sort of closure. It's been plaguing me very heavily all day. I'm going absolutely bonkers here :confused:

Any input is welcomed and very appreciated.

Starri Knytes

((hugs)) x infinity
Sounds like writing a book would be great therapy for you.

I have worked here with a very good group on dream interpretation, but it doesn't feel to me like there is anything here to interpret.

If these were indeed all real life actually events (which I do not doubt for a moment). Then my feeling is that you've been carrying a great burden that at this point in your life needs to be released.

I believe that we hold on to the familiar, even when it's horrific, because it's less frightening than the unknown.
Your being guided to let go of that burden and heal so that you may move forward into the next phase of your spiritual and emotional journey.

Great Blessings to you sweetie as you move into the next phase of growth.

Kiti von Absinthe

Thank you very much :) I think maybe my subconscious is making me relive the worst parts in my life to harden me to it and make me stronger for the future. Something this intense can't be all for naught, right? What kind of book do you think I should write? I often blog, but I'm never sure what to write about.

emmsma

Sadly, I know this feeling all too well. I get recurring night terrors and wake up sobbing or shrieking about every 3 months or so. I don't always know what the nightmares were about. Often I have no memory of them at all. Just those awful raw emotions they leave behind.

I don't have any guidance or suggestions that may help. Just wanted you to know you are not alone in this.

Kiti von Absinthe

I appreciate your support :) I was heavily abused as a child with no foreseeable means of help. When I would have night terrors, I could never tell anyone why. The abuse stopped about 10 years ago, and the sleep screaming stopped about 7 years ago. I still cry and talk in my sleep, and my boyfriend (who is often awake when I'm asleep) has said that he's heard me numerous times, panting as if I'd been running. Most of the time I have little or no recollection of the dreams or any idea why I'm breathing in such a way, but the dream I originally posted about is one of those unshakable ones that lingers right in the front of your mind for days, and you can't disregard it no matter how hard you try. It sucks, for lack of a better term lol