Excited over deck find - Druidcraft

MizGrace

No idea people's views on 2004 Druidcraft yet I was looking at wooden Japanese doll by chance I looked down lower
Shelf and there it was 3.99 I said, OK took it home complete set. I feel lucky I had once looked at it on my birthday mulling it over lots and I put it down thinking too expensive. Someone wants me to get back into tarot 3.99..is cheap.

This is my third deck I have which wasn't a gift ,buying all so far in thrift stores. Overtime I buy stores say "we never get them in if we Di they are in other towns, or thrown as too worn" you are lucky! To me sacrilege thrown decks..shakes head.Strange as if something directed me at the right time overtime.

Hope I am posting right place?
I shut my eyes saw a male attatched to deck. Seems like a guide. If not wonder where I can buy him :)

Love to hear views on this deck,

Thank you. Missed you all, changing internet in May its buggy.

MizGrace

I decided to start by offering my 2 cents on the deck.
Firstly I feel the design is attractive yet somewhat lacking the witch feel it says it has I felt the deck, wasn't druid based it was simply a deck with pretty images thrown together.
A few pentacles here there some standard images of stereotypical images. I felt bored.

Persona of deck I found discouraging , the councillors advice nobody wants, the harsh truth no bells whistles just brutal honesty.

Every 3 card read felt draining anticipating a positive response only ever gives a tough love response and myself re shuffling.

For me a no go deck, I prefer less brutal answers lighter decks .I can go to it if I need a brutal answer like a friend who is so honest you invite them nowhere or the ex who belittles dreams.

A bad set for me.

G6

I love this deck. It is going rather cheap lately, so I assume it is at the end of its cycle. The art is AMAZING and doesn't feel thrown together at all for me. I only hope the next edition is a more user friendly size like 2.5 x 4 inches. If it is printed smaller it would be an everyday deck for me.

Sulis

I agree with G6, I think if you take the time to study the deck you'll find that it's packed with symbolism and was created by a Druid so I'm not sure how you've got that it's thrown together and has no Druidic or witchy symbolism.
You say you got the set, I strongly recommend reading the book, it's excellent and explains much of the symbolism used in the deck.

There is also a study group here with some excellent discussions: DruidCraft Tarot

Having said all that, it sounds as if it's not the deck for you.

FLizarraga

I love this deck. It is going rather cheap lately, so I assume it is at the end of its cycle. The art is AMAZING and doesn't feel thrown together at all for me. I only hope the next edition is a more user friendly size like 2.5 x 4 inches. If it is printed smaller it would be an everyday deck for me.

Scissors are your friend... :) I can vouch for the fact that, after trimming those gigantic and admittedly pretty borders, the cards are about the size of a regular deck.

This is a deck I love, but that I have never read with for some reason. Even so, I don't see anything slapdash or haphazard about it. The Cernunnos card is a great example that makes the deck very profound for me, since it plays up both the alluring and the threatening sides of the god, and stresses the fact that there is no devil in paganism.

G6

Scissors are your friend... :) I can vouch for the fact that, after trimming those gigantic and admittedly pretty borders, the cards are about the size of a regular deck.

Mine is trimmed at 3 x 4.5 inches. Would love a borderless or like I trimmed in image below with just decorative border at 2.5 x 4 inches if they publish another edition. IMO they should market oversized as art cards instead of a usable tarot deck.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 52.jpg
    FullSizeRender 52.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 255

Freddie

Great deck, well done!!!

Freddie

BeyondtheVeil

No idea people's views on 2004 Druidcraft yet I was looking at wooden Japanese doll by chance I looked down lower
Shelf and there it was 3.99 I said, OK took it home complete set. I feel lucky I had once looked at it on my birthday mulling it over lots and I put it down thinking too expensive. Someone wants me to get back into tarot 3.99..is cheap.

This is my third deck I have which wasn't a gift ,buying all so far in thrift stores. Overtime I buy stores say "we never get them in if we Di they are in other towns, or thrown as too worn" you are lucky! To me sacrilege thrown decks..shakes head.Strange as if something directed me at the right time overtime.

Hope I am posting right place?
I shut my eyes saw a male attatched to deck. Seems like a guide. If not wonder where I can buy him :)

Love to hear views on this deck,

Thank you. Missed you all, changing internet in May its buggy.

Great find! You can't beat the price either, huh? :thumbsup:

I don't know anything about Druids.. etc. I IGNORED the book and used it to start intuitive reading. It has lots of things going on and was very easy to use as an intuitive reading deck. I would try that first. Don't worry about what the book says, but rather your meanings as you use it to read with.

If you are into Druid stuff, etc then you may find the book interesting. I have the book and haven't read it. lol
I think not reading the book... is the best way to learn and connect with a deck if you feel that connection. It is about making it your reading deck. The books can be so limiting sometimes.

I wish this deck wasn't so huge! It is hard to hold and shuffle. It is hard to fit onto a small place, etc. So as time has gone on ...that hasn't been my go to deck. I still have it and love it.. just rarely use it because of it's size. I have small hands so even trimmed.. it is huge lol

I think you will enjoy it though! The pictures draw you in and are really intuitive friendly!

Enjoy your great find! :heart:

I had to LOL at if it wasn't a guide...where could you buy him. :D LOL You are funny! :)

Brightest Blessings!
BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

I decided to start by offering my 2 cents on the deck.
Firstly I feel the design is attractive yet somewhat lacking the witch feel it says it has I felt the deck, wasn't druid based it was simply a deck with pretty images thrown together.
A few pentacles here there some standard images of stereotypical images. I felt bored.

Persona of deck I found discouraging , the councillors advice nobody wants, the harsh truth no bells whistles just brutal honesty.

Every 3 card read felt draining anticipating a positive response only ever gives a tough love response and myself re shuffling.

For me a no go deck, I prefer less brutal answers lighter decks .I can go to it if I need a brutal answer like a friend who is so honest you invite them nowhere or the ex who belittles dreams.

A bad set for me.

Is it the 'deck" or is it just the truth? In doing so many reading exchanges I have noticed this a lot with some sitters. I have been one of those :D LOL .. it isn't the reader or the deck, but rather an answer that the sitter doesn't want to hear. . Maybe that is what is going on in your case. I haven't heard anyone say that the DruidCraft was a tough love deck. Maybe find some other questions to try with using the DruidCraft. That is a great reading deck and if anything.. it always cheers me up. Such beautiful happy cards.

Just something to try before you give up on such a wonderful intuitive deck!

I do find it exhausting at times, but it is because it is so full of info. Plus I may be tired. Maybe try only doing One Card readings/Exchanges with it and see if that helps.

Brightest Blessings!
BeyondtheVeil

celticnoodle

Wow!! What a great deal there! I also have this deck & it is one of my faves as well. Like G6 posted, the only drawback for me is the size of the cards. I keep telling myself that I will trim it, but I haven't yet done so. Lovely deck though! You got a great deal on it.

And, if the accompanying male is a guide, or perhaps the previous owner, even better!!! I have a Robin Wood that I rcvd as a gift from a customer when she found it in a second hand store. I feel a feminine energy with it & it was definitely worn & well used, but with great energy attached to it.

May your new deck bring you much joy & many blessings as you use it.