Sacred Days of Yule Spread

Disa

Looking forward to it again this year :)

Dejavu- seems like I already posted this somewhere this week?

Shade

A question for those who have done this spread before: since the Solstice is on the 22nd this year, how would you modify the spread? To start on the 21st would have the experience end on new Year's Day which could be interesting but then it might throw off the rest of the associations.

metatron3

I had a talk with a friend on that question and she told me the following :

"Why does it disturb you ? I don't understand. How is it illogical to start on 20th like every year ? You do know most festival doesn't start on the day they celebrate the occasion ? ..."

Ah yes, indeed ... festival and festivities do begin before the party ( so we all go in the mood ) and she also told me stuff about meanings of the previous day but didn't explain much since she knows I'm a beginner :)

Disa

mmm. I think I always just start on the 20th

oak_woman

I'm in again this year :)

It's become a reading highlight of the year for me!

Nice to get together with some of the familiar crowd, plus some new faces :heart:

LightTraveller

I missed it last year, but plan to join this year. (It's been quite a while since I was last on the Forum at all.) I have a local Tarot group that meets twice a month. This Sunday we will be sharing some lesser-known spreads, and I plan to share this one, as it is especially timely.

Zelmira

Thank you, BlueDragonfly. I am all set. Blessings,
Zelmira

cardlady22

A question for those who have done this spread before: since the Solstice is on the 22nd this year, how would you modify the spread? To start on the 21st would have the experience end on new Year's Day which could be interesting but then it might throw off the rest of the associations.
I think people should do what they feel. But it is interesting to me that the Calendar Days correspond with most of the :heart: cards in a regular deck.
http://www.awakeastrology.com/cards/Samples/cardchart.htm
http://www.starofthemagi.com/the_cards.htm