The Empress's Ten trees, and the Hierophant's Ten Crosses

poivre

ten crosses

"This card contains ten crosses reperesenting the spiritual numbers 1 to 10, the ten aspects of the Tree of life and the ten trees in The Empress's garden."

I can find 10 crosses but not the 10 trees. ( will be looking for a while)

I have found this in one of my books. Has anyone any information on this?

Thanks for any replys.

firemaiden

Which card are you talking about? The ten of swords?

poivre

Sorry,
The Hierophant-crosses
The Empress-trees

OakDragon

I think I can, maybe. I am looking at the RRWS deck, where the coloring is different, but I see to the left of the Empress four trees with pointy tops, five to her right (four whose trunks are visible and the leftmost one with the hidden trunk) and possibly one peeking through the crook between her raised hand and her hair and shoulder. In my deck, that area is colored green, suggesting a tree that can't be otherwise seen.

firemaiden

Re: ten crosses

ros said:
"This card contains ten crosses reperesenting the spiritual numbers 1 to 10, the ten aspects of the Tree of life and the ten trees in The Empress's garden."

I have found this in one of my books. Has anyone any information on this?

Ros, are you still around?

Ten trees in the empress's garden, eh? *firemaiden pulls out The Empress card from her Universal Waite...*

Ten trees? Hmmm I count seven tree trunks. And an undeterminable number of tree tops...

My irreverant reaction, is that these trees represent... trees.

No, that's mean, how bout this, they represent forest. Virgin forest, and all that you would like to read into that.

Virgin Forest, waterfall, pomegranates, wheat... lots of sexual and fertility metaphors.

Not sure about the number ten though. what book is that??? I think it is wishful thinking at best, to look for an exact number of trees in this mess of green.

(oh.. please don't make me count the leaves...)

poivre

I'll find the book at home & let you know!