Interactions of Sun/Moon/Ascending

Tea&Temperance

Hi all!

So I know this is probably a noob question but I have tried to find the info on my own and have not had much luck. I figured I would ask the experts here:

Here are my basics:

Sun in: 27°31' Sagittarius
Moon in: 19°38' Aries
AS in: 9°04' Leo
MC in: 15°19' Aries

So some major fire elements going on here I think.

***My main question is does this much fire energy mean something specific?

From my research this is what I have found:

"A Preponderance of the FIRE element
A preponderance of Fire signs planets in the astrology chart exemplify high spirits, great faith in self, enthusiasm, and direct honesty. Your fire sign nature projects a radiant, vitalizing energy that seems to glow with warmth and exuberance. You need a good deal of freedom to express yourself naturally, and you will usually display a fairly unrelenting insistence on your own point of view. You put all of yourself in whatever you do. You are intensely assertive, individualistic, active and self-expressive. Fire sign energies stimulate people who are more lethargic, but often your energies overpower or exhaust the more retiring or more sensitive type. Good natured and fun-loving, you have many friends and you are generous with your time, energy, and resources. You place a far greater value on having a good time than on material possessions. For all the natural generosity displayed by the fire signs, they are also famous for the big egos they frequently demonstrate. You may believe so strongly in your own powers and abilities that you overlook and frequently fail to take advantage of the talents and abilities of others. You try to do it all yourself and don't delegate well. Despite this damaging flaw in your managerial ability, you belong to a group that is the most daring and capable inspiring in a management sense; the natural leaders. In battle, sports or business, it is usually the fire signs out front leading the charge. You are the type of leader that is very independent and individualistic, rarely consulting with others for advice. You are constantly out front or "on stage" and you need to be recognized and admired for your attainment and accomplishments. Appreciation is more important than money in your estimation. Nothing hurts more than being ignored. The fire sign sense of honesty is straightforward and often child-like. Thus, you believe everyone is, like yourself, an open book. You may be somewhat gullible and naive."
- Michael McClain of Astrology-Numerology.com

I was wondering if anyone has anything more concise. I find it hard to reconcile this info about fire signs with my preconceived notion that I am an introvert (though some of this is spot on).

I am super new to astrology beyond the signs themselves so please - any knowledge you are willing to share - I will try to be the most absorbent sponge.
(I understand that there is a lot more to astrology than the signs, but please have mercy on my noobness!)

Thanks!

Minderwiz

Hi and welcome,

Element analysis is a key part of Modern Astrology, the argument seems to be that an even spread produces a well balanced person and that shortages of one element and excess of another leads to behavioural issues.

Firstly it isn't clear that you have an excess of Fire in your chart. Even Modern Astrologers, would want to look at the chart as a whole and to see the other planetary placements. At a traditional level, the Placement of the rulers of the Sun and Moon would also be important. The Sun was judged more in terms of the time of year - your Sun, in Sagittarius. is Autumnal and Autumn was seen as Melancholic, (more solitary and deliberative than Fire)

The Moon was judged more on it's phase, than its sign Your Moon is second quarter, and would be seen as Sanguine (more social less dynamic than Fire)

The Ascendant would be modifed also by any planets that aspect it. as would Sun and Moon.

Now that would tone down the Fire predominance in modern terms, but Leo and the Sun and Moon are still important contributors. So you might find that you are a little more balanced, though the parts that you recognise as being true, still remain.

In order to give a full picture, I'd need your natal details, date of birth, time of birth and place of birth. Other placements may reinforce the Fire dominance or may mitigate it.

Tea&Temperance

Thanks Minderwiz!

That makes sense needing to see the bigger picture (whole chart). I was once told that if the Sun/Moon/Ascending were all one element that it pointed to an excess, hence my question.
Sagittarius as Melancholic/deliberate rings true as well - I've always felt a more reserved than the other fire signs in my life.
I would say more social less dynamic makes sense as well in the context of I appreciate true social connection. Could you explain what you mean by dynamic? In my mind it means dramatic/charismatic but I'm not sure if that's what you are saying.
I don't have a full natal chart for myself yet but I think I will try and do some more research into astrology.

Thanks for your insight!