What Cards Have You Had For Certain Events?

Pique Dame

Here's one from this morning:

3 of Wands Rx + Death = friend asking me to delete some photos on FB that he didn't like how he looked in.

Enlightenment23

3 of Wands Rx + Death = friend asking me to delete some photos on FB that he didn't like how he looked in.

Hahaha. Cool one! Thanks for sharing :)

Enlightenment23

A few of mine I'd like to share

3 of Cups Rx: A male friend of mine who felt he overindulged a little too much after getting a girl he did not love pregnant.

High Priestess Rx: Came up as a reason why one person wanted to get another a little drunk - to get some secrets out of her!

Death: How I felt when someone told me that they didn't like my project idea. I wasn't upset, what they were saying made perfect sense and I knew it was time to scrap it and try again.

5 of Pentacles: Came up when I asked about how a pizza slice would taste when it's delivered to my house, which I thought was odd. I said, "Pfft, it's a pizza! How bad can it be?" Turned out that my mom was upset because she had cooked dinner, and I felt guilty for not being able to eat her food. And on top of that, because I'm looking to tone up, I just felt like a total whale for eating the pizza slice.

The pizza tasted like low self esteem and guilt. Yuck.

Judgement: How I felt when a friend gave me a second chance after making a big mistake. A moment of redemption!

Silverbells

Queen of Swords followed by Tower in a 2-card daily read when I was feeling very depressed...

Oh Man! That night I made a split-second decision to go on an immediate road trip that changed my entire life - from living arrangements to religion - complete lifestyle change (and I actually came back from the road trip a few days later and re-settled in relatively the same area - I didn't just leave and never came back. It was just me: the Queen of Swords "calling" the Tower into my life...and I've never been the same...or rather I became more myself - clarity of the Queen of Swords, if you will :) ). That was about 4 years ago. Changed. My. Life.

So Queen of Swords followed by Tower: Quickasaflash LIFE-CHANGING decision.

P.S.
5 of Pentacles: Came up when I asked about how a pizza slice would taste when it's delivered to my house, which I thought was odd. I said, "Pfft, it's a pizza! How bad can it be?" Turned out that my mom was upset because she had cooked dinner, and I felt guilty for not being able to eat her food. And on top of that, because I'm looking to tone up, I just felt like a total whale for eating the pizza slice.

The pizza tasted like low self esteem and guilt. Yuck.

ROFL @ that last part. Perfect everyday 5 of Pentacles story.

lumos

5 of Wands: I'm gonna get yelled at by a customer at work
Ace of Swords: People are gonna be especially chatty today
7 of Swords: Someone's gonna call in "sick"/ We'll be understaffed
Judgment or the Tower: I'll impulsively make a major decision (though if it's a "Card of the Day," I'll most likely catch myself and talk myself out of making it until a better time)
The Devil: I'll be "enlightened" by some kind of knowledge that will make me realize that I'm in a bad situation I wasn't aware I was in (i.e., bad friendships, work environment, etc.,)
Ace of Cups + Death+ 10 of Swords: I have endometriosis and my cramps are HELL. I always get one of these on my 1st day period. I guess "endings + beginnings" are more than apt for this situation, haha

lumos

I actually just thought of a few others from a vacation I went on!

7 of Swords + the Moon: Got these as a card of the day TWICE during a trip to Paris. Both days I got scammed by con artists, one near the Louvre and another near the Notre Dame

3 of Swords: When I asked what my trip to Paris was going to be like. I guess I was "heartbroken" that it wasn't the romantic paradise I thought it would be. It was a great trip, I learned a lot, but ultimately I realized that it wasn't the overly Romantic Paris of Fitzgerald. Rather it was the Paris of Victor Hugo: it had beauty to redeem it and thousands of fascinating stories in its alleyways and a rich history, but it had just as much pain and misery in its streets. Beggars, and con-men, etc.,

5 of Cups+Judgment+King of Cups: I took a day trip to Omaha Beach and I CRIED, and mind you I'm not a particularly emotional individual. Barely cry in private, much less in public. But here, I cried at the chapel in the American Cemetery. Very brazenly and very publicly. I had always known we paid a great price in WWII, but I guess seeing all the crosses and Stars of David really did me in. I guess it was something that never really hit me as hard until I had to visualize the true price of the freedom the allies paid. I thought about how spoiled I was a kid to whine about civics class. I didn't realize then how much of a privilege it was to whine about learning about the constitution when in 1944 men were actively dying for the ideals detailed within it. And I just felt sad for the lives destroyed- both on the battlefield and for the people who lost a husband or a son a friend or a lover on those fields. It was just a HUGE wake up call to me on an empathetic level. As a history major I KNEW the cost in terms of facts and figures, but I never FELT it, if that makes sense?

Knight of Cups + the World +Wheel of Fortune: My trip to Bavaria. God, I loved Germany. It the alps, the castles, the forests... they felt like a fairy tale and I felt like I didn't matter at all- rather that the only thing that mattered were my surroundings and I was happy to just passively exist at that moment. I also came up with new story ideas around that time.

10 of Pentacles: Reached my final destination- Vienna. I stayed with a friend who lived there and she and her husband took care of me like a child- offered REAL FOOD (I'd been living off potato chips, coffee, and train station subs by that point), and let me stay in their home for a few days.

Knight of Wands Rx: had a flight delay on my way back to the states and had to stay in Iceland for 24 hours

5 of Pentacles: the hellish cold I caught the day after I got back. I was bedridden for two days from how hard I was adventuring, I guess! Also I was broke AF, lost my debit card my last day in Vienna, and I had to take days off work from the cold I got. Worth it though.

Pique Dame

I got some sad news this morning. One of the people appearing in these photos I posted and was subsequently asked to take down passed away unexpectedly this morning. I'm wondering if this is one of those uncommon instances where the Death card meant a literal death. :(

elena_jaymz

10 Wands --> I draw this one as advice twice, but I didn't get it at first. I thought it was telling me to get rid of a burden I was carrying (I was upset for a friend of mine), but I was wrong. The card was telling me instead to keep on "carrying the load/burden", because it was about to fall soon. Indeed very soon after the reading I officially broke off with my friend (ex-friend by now) and now I feel much better: so the load fell at last.

Inviato dal mio ALE-L21 utilizzando Tapatalk

Enlightenment23

I got some sad news this morning. One of the people appearing in these photos I posted and was subsequently asked to take down passed away unexpectedly this morning. I'm wondering if this is one of those uncommon instances where the Death card meant a literal death. :(

Oh my goodness! What? Wow, I am so sorry about that. Never would have seen that one comin' :(

Silverbells

Pique Dame - I'm sorry to hear that. I also would not have thought that something like that would be the case for those cards.
Here is something out of left field...was your friend who didn't like the way he looked in the picture standing next to the person who passed away? There are some people who can look at pictures and tell automatically if the person is still here or not. Maybe your friend has those abilities (acknowledged or not) and what he was really responding to was actual death being so near him???
If that was the case, I suppose someone might see actual death in those cards in that particular situation...