How to start using the Faeries Oracle?

faunabay

Mellaenn said:
I had an overwhelming urge to get them out again, and so I did. I just made up a spread that presented itself to my imagination and laid out the cards; and wow, did they ever talk!
I'm soooo glad you've done this Mellaenn! I felt like I was the only one who did "madeup" fae spreads! I love doing that.

Just laying out the cards how they seem to want to be laid down, then reading whatever they have to say! "This card is crossing this other fae so they're trying to tell me......" Or "this fae wants to be higher up than the others so that means......" It's wonderful doing spreads this way! :*

MareSaturni

thorhammer said:
Look in the mirror, girl - why the heck would he be?? LOL

I can assure you I look much better in my FB photos than in reality. LOL! But thanks for this, i've been needing some ego-stroking :joke:.

Mellaenn said:
Marina, I am a newbie with this deck, too. I just got it in the mail yesterday and since I have a cold I did the initial thumb-through but then put it aside. That lasted for about an hour.

My problem is that faeries are not very part of my culture. We know them because of disney movies and whole new-age literature, that brings us traditions from the Northern Hemisphere. There are some creatures of the nature in the local culture, but they are not "faeries" as they are usually presented...

So i wonder... do they even belong here? Even if they do not have a name here? Hum...

Mellaenn said:
Gotta say, I resisted this faery vibe for awhile. But no more. You and I can share as newbies. Send me a pm or we can start ourselves a newbie FO thread.)

That would be nice. A way to get more acquainted to the faerie world, everyone seems to have been born talking to faes, except me :(. Maybe they don't like portuguese?

As for St. Tarocchini, he doesn't mind the faeries, he's an open-minded guy. Lets hope the faeries don't mind him...

DragonFae said:
How's it going Marina????

Well... my update:

I put my Faeries Oracle back into my closet and decided to let it be for a while. But then, a couple of days ago, guess what i found in my favorite bookstore? A-HA! The Heart of the Faerie Oracle! I didn't have any $$$, so i dramatized the act of "begging-on-her-knees-for-money" my father was nice and lent me some.

I opened the deck and liked it very much... and more importantly, i found that it talked very easily to me, much easier than the original Faeries Oracle. Nonetheless, the Hearty asked for it's brother so i took both decks and played with the together for a while.

Guess what? It kinda worked. I found that the faeries speak much more when i'm not taking either the reading or myself too seriously. And it seems that the Heart of the Faerie somehow helped me to step into the faerie's world for a while. Maybe it's because i own the book with the art, so i feel like i know those faeries...

I still haven't tried any serious readings, maybe i should join next month's circle...?

faerylvr

Marina said:
I still haven't tried any serious readings, maybe i should join next month's circle...?

Join come on... it is an nice easy 3 card spread so nothing so far that it would be complicated for someone new...

ellirhyn

Play is so important with these guys...I've been knocked on my arse by the faun a few times for not playing enough at times. Sometimes, even Flaff says that playing can sometimes be the best way to get re-grounded. After all, playing is the most important way to learn how to live (look at how animals and small humans learn how to be in this weirld!)!
The best thing about your situation Marina, is you have no pre-conceived notions of how a Faerie "should" be. (Other than the Disney junk, LOL, I would suggest ditching those ideas though!)
They like a fresh approach, a clean slate sometimes. Go into it completely open, with no expectations. thats usually when you get the messages loud and clear (at least thats how it works for me!) :)