Starchild Tarot Study Group: 5. The Hierophant

kp.

This is one of the cards that is pretty much the same in both the Akashic and Starchild decks. i have a special connection to this cardand it's also the first i ever pulled when i first received my Akashic deck.

The only changes are a subtle increase in color intensity, and her necklace has changed from a sacred geometry symbol (can't remember which one) to the Eye of Horus/Eye of Ra.

The thing I love most about this card is the orb she holds in her hand. The Heirophant is the keeper of great knowledge, wisdom and tradition. A lot of people interpret this card in a rigid way, sort of being oppressed by society's rules or having to follow strict teachings, but this version feels like she is carrying all this wisdom and she is passing along all that she knows to you, via the glowing orb. In this card, the orb is sort of like the key that you see in other decks.

Definitely one of my favorites in the deck, and it always shows up when I am about to learn great new things about myself and how I interact with the world.

Citrin

When I look at the Hierophant in the Starchild Tarot I instantly think of her as a bit young, and also that she is alone. I prefer seeing the Hierophant with "followers" or "fans" in front of him/her, mainly because he/she is a teacher, someone others look up to and ask for advice, and someone who is NEEDED to ask so that spiritual knowledge doesn't get lost but rather continues to be spread in the world.

Now, it annoys me that I see her as "too young" to be the Hierophant! :p I'm almost 30 but people often think I am about 18-20 and I absolutely hate it! I notice sooo clearly when someone (mainly people around the age of 50-60) is treating me like a teenager, as in not taking me seriously and assuming I don't know/understand anything ugh. So I feel I should open up my mind a bit when it comes to this Hierophant. ;)

kp.

Now, it annoys me that I see her as "too young" to be the Hierophant! :p I'm almost 30 but people often think I am about 18-20 and I absolutely hate it! I notice sooo clearly when someone (mainly people around the age of 50-60) is treating me like a teenager, as in not taking me seriously and assuming I don't know/understand anything ugh. So I feel I should open up my mind a bit when it comes to this Hierophant. ;)

haha, me too! i'm 36 but people often think i'm in my early 20's. she does look a bit young but i do love her vibe!

JadeVictoria

Old Hat

Gosh I hadn't even noticed that she is a young looking Hierophant! Maybe that's why the color mask over her dark hair to give it a lighter/whiter appearance? When I see this Hierophant I am drawn to her face, it's very ho hum and non-nonchalant, I create this perfect ball of energy all the time no problem. She's the teacher, she demonstrates this all the time, and it's become routine for her. I also like that this is one of the few cards that didn't really change (aside form the necklace) because I think that really emphasizes the tradition and long standing nature of The Hierophant.

Citrin

When I see this Hierophant I am drawn to her face, it's very ho hum and non-nonchalant, I create this perfect ball of energy all the time no problem. She's the teacher, she demonstrates this all the time, and it's become routine for her.

Oh I like this! You're right, she does have that vibe of knowing her worth, and knowing her knowledge is important and big. :)