Jodorowsky Camoin : Foot prints!

tmgrl2

Was searching Langue D'Oi and found this reference re pronunciation of "oi" on a site devoted to tourism....It covered many areas, so I just cut and quoted the passage about "Aniane" which had the reference to "oi"...This makes it seem as though the difference between "Oi"and "Oc" is one of pronunciation....
Bishops Rest
Aniane

Places of Interest
Home

The Area
The house is a 16th century (maybe earlier) 'terraced house' built of stone in a small working village of Aniane. It is opposite the main church and fountain.

The village has two Tabacs, a Post Office, various grocery stores, six bakeries, a quality butcher, a wine co-op, various restaurants and pubs on the 'square,' and, of course, a unisex hair salon.

If you are coming here for wild night life then you would be coming to the wrong place.

The village's main industry is wine production and Olives (incl. Olive Oil). The area has been a prolific manufacturer of wine. It lies in the area called 'Languedoc'; "oc" is how they pronounced "oui" ; the north pronounced "oui" "oi" and so there was the langue d'oi (north) and langue d'oc (southern strip) The area is also known as the Midi.

Did they miss the boat here in terms of the rich origin of the word?

Hmmm....
terri

Jewel-ry

I put a link in here which contains a fair bit about The Language of the birds. Somewhere on the site I read that it is sometimes called the Green Language and understanding it leads to an integration of the self which in itself leads to the ability to fly like a bird or an angel. So, in fact, the Language of the Birds is the Language of the Angels.

Views anyone?

In fact this link contains a lot about the Language of the Birds, far too much for me to take in without several readings. I put the link in for you to peruse.

http://sangraal.com/AMET/prologue.html

:)

tmgrl2

Thank you for the link, Jewel_ry! Much to read. Will do so. I found a similar one but not as detailed, so didn't bother with it.

This whole thread has put another large dot inside of me, so when I meditate, the dots are .........connecting.

terri

tmgrl2

Jewel, I just read your link. I would be quite interested if our historians and iconologists would comment on it.

terri

Rusty Neon

I wanted to share that this thread inspired me to buy a book on esoteric aspects of heraldry at the remainders bookstore yesterday: Le langage secret du blason [The Secret Language of Heraldry], by Gérard de Sorval. Thanks guys. I'm always looking for excuses to buy books.

tmgrl2

Please share some if you feel moved to translate, Rusty. We always benefit!

terri

Rafaël

goose-feet

I’d like to add something to track down the signification of those goose-feet…

smleite linked the goose-feet to divination already on her post of 12-07-2004.

This is something that points into the same direction: there is this legend, maybe bare facts after all, of goose being excellent guardians. If I remeber well, goose once saved Rome from beiing invaded at night by waking up sleeping sentinels. According to this goose are very aware animals, maybe even gifted with forthsight. Gosse-feet as schapes/symbols on cards used for divination could maybe say something about the gift of forthsight/divination…

Rusty Neon

Noblet deck

Jewel-ry said:
They appear on several cards:

L'Empereur
La Justice
Valet D'epee
Reyne de Deniers
Roy de Deniers

Attached is a link to the Emperor card of the 17th century Jean Noblet Marseilles deck (JC Flornoy redrawing). There is ermine at a location on the Noblet emperor's clothing that is about the same location as on the Jodo-Camoin emperor's clothing.

http://letarot.com/images/original_Noblet/lemperevr.htm

My apologies if this information has already been posted to this thread: it's a long thread.