Tarot for Yourself or 78 Degrees of Wisdom?

Finally, vote the best of them! :)

• 78 Degrees of Wisdom

Votes: 72 62.6%
  • Tarot for Yourself

Votes: 43 37.4%

• Total voters

light2000

For me these are 2 reallt good books but i voted for 78 degrees od wisdom.

Emeraldgirl

Wow two fantastic books how do you choose??????????????

I finally did and I went for 78 DoW

It was my first tarot book that didn't come with a deck and it taught me so much.

Bonnie

Book Preferances

I enjoyed this poll, and reading the comments on the two books. From my point of view, they serve different purposes. "Tarot For Yourself" is a lighter book, one that is meant to be used as an experiential learning tool. Ancillary tools, such as the Chakra's, Crystals, Numerology and Astrology all play their part. This is an excellent book for a beginner - it was my first Tarot book, and it provided quite a solid foundation for future learning. Greer's subsequent books were built from this base, and expanded it in their own inimitable way.

Pollack's "78 Degree's of Wisdom" is in a league of its own. The cards, and card history, are gone into in great depth, and provide a wonderful backdrop for all that the Tarot can be. I enjoy being made to think, and Pollack's work will always make one think!

krompony

Well I can't speak to Tarot For Yourself as I have not read it, but am currently reading 78 Degrees of Wisdom which I love. It is not a cookbook, which so many books I've looked through seem to be. As aeonx aptly stated, I have also learned more in the first 2 chapters about the underlying constructs represented in the cards, rather than an "out of context" interpretation of the various cards like I've run across elsewhere. Still, as I haven't read the other book, I'll have to put it on the list to read :)

vision777

i now have both of these books im so happy! but now i wish i can change my vote because i like tarot for yourself now lol its fun it has more to do with working on self growth where as 78 Degrees of wisdom explains more about the major arcana in full detail but in tarot for your self it has question you should be asking others or your self that gives more meanings to all 78 cards.

tarobones

both

I voted for 78 degrees, which is a classic, i believe. But now I have commited myself to read the other. I am sure they are both wonderful.

mythos

I feel a bit guilty for voting for 78 Degrees, which I have read and re-read. I don't actually have Mary's book, so the choice was not really a choice ... so it wasn't really fair to vote at all.

mythos doing guilt:)

NightWing

Tarot Essential

While "Tarot for Yourself" is a good book, "78 Degrees of Wisdom" is an ABSOLUTE ESSENTIAL, IMHO. Thanks for asking.

Chibi pic pic

I recently got 78 DW and I absolutely love it! I have been waiting for a book that goes so in depth in such a small amount of space. She goes beyond the traditional meanings and really opened up my eyes to the cards. I agree that it is a must in your book collection.

Valyria

Did anyone read the 78dow (or any other book) twice? I read the 78dow and it appears I had diffculties coping with the amount of information in there. While parts were very helpful, others might have been too much for my level of understanding. But I am not sure. So I consider studying the book again after getting more information and experience elsewhere.

Valyria