The Wooden Tarot - Major Arcana Deck

Extoria

***The paintings are great but I couldn't use them as tarot cards. Snails?

Snails indeed. Well, one snail on two cards - the Chariot and the Ace of Pentacles (I'm pretty sure it's actually the same snail and that the Aces depict the field mouse at various points through his journey).

Why couldn't you use them as tarot cards?

The Pirate is. I saw a copy in that format (and no, I didn't get to buy it, but I did get to shuffle it).

I do believe that the Kashmiri is, too, but also - if you choose to part with a motza, can be supplied in actual real wood. I know someone who is lusting after it. If I win millions, I might enable that. :)

I wonder if it would be possible to shuffle wood-stock cards! Or would they be more for deliberate choosing and contemplation?

nisaba

I wonder if it would be possible to shuffle wood-stock cards! Or would they be more for deliberate choosing and contemplation?

<smile> Or for hammering together into boxes to keep your collection in.

Extoria

I've used this a few times since I got it and it's not the easiest deck to read, but I do so love the art work! I still have to refer to the book to read it, however, as I can't pull meaning easily directly from the card itself.

I haven't found it's strong point yet, in terms of the type of readings it prefers (e.g. I have a deck that really like to read for other people, not myself).

Maan

Minors!!!!

Just read on the skullgardens tumblr that there is going to be a minor arcana! So happy. I usually don't do majors only decks but i do love this one so much

journeyinghome

Really???? Oh that is great news! Thanks for sharing! :)

canus

Yes, thank you so much for this information. I really liked the cards and it is one of the few Major only decks I bought. I was so disappointed when I read she wouldn't do the minors, so I am very joyous she is.