silly fey readings

Laura Borealis

Do you use your Fey for serious questions, or meditation, or some of each? Do you ever use them for silly or frivolous readings?

This afternoon I was looking at my Feys and realized I was both sleepy and a little hungry. So I shuffled and did a quick spread with the question, "should I take a nap, or make mashed potatoes?"

2 of swords
6 of wands
6 of pentacles

Hmm. Not looking so much like a nap, is it. I'm seeing balance, but not rest. Studying the 6 of pentacles. Pentacles, the earth suit. Potatoes grow in the earth. The big Fey, bald as a spud, scattering golden nuggets of goodness... hey, roasted potatoes! Yeah! The 2 of swords, dice up the potatoes... wands, the fire element, roasting them. Why the 6 of wands, though? Hmm... he's returning from a foreign land, bringing back something exotic. Oh, my cajun spice mix I brought back from New Orleans! That's it... roasted potatoes with cajun spices! :D My mouth was watering, just thinking about it.

But then I accidently closed my eyes, and ended up taking a nap anyway. I'm going to start my spuds roasting here in a few minutes, though.

Silly readings, anyone?

contrascarpe

I'm jealous - the diet I am on will not allow me any potatoes, so my decision would be a no-brainer (plus I need a nap desperately, lol).

Actually I haven't used my Feys to do a reading yet but I did do a "silly" reading on Sunday. I forgot the cards that came up but I did a three card reading for Monday giving me guidance for what to do in the morning, afternoon and evening.

I read in the morning that I need to drink lots of water (which I should do because of this diet - I had two large Dunkin' Donuts black coffees instead, does this count?), the afternoon I need to start that big project for work (which I put off until today) and the evening I needed to focus on spending time with my SO (she ended up spending time on her computer while I was riveted to the AT boards). So there you have it, I gave myself advice through Tarot for the first time in ages and proceeded to ignore everything.

Dan

firemaiden

I've been doing spoof readings and got ready to use the fey for one last night -- I think the cards look pretty and silly, but then they immediately took me very deep. Funny how that works. I think silly readings are a wonderful excercise in creativity, and do wonderfs to free up the inhibitions. I liked the one you did up there, LOL. More!

Laura Borealis

I've been enjoying your spoof readings. :)

It's just like the Fey to turn your expectations around, isn't it?

Theia

Sounds like a great exercise, fun and learning all in one.

Oh and contrascarpe96, I feel your pain I too am on a simular low card diet. But I think I miss sugar more.

Laura Borealis

Theia said:

Oh and contrascarpe96, I feel your pain I too am on a simular low card diet. But I think I miss sugar more.

A low card diet? Oh my poor Theia! How can you cope here on Aeclectic Tarot, surrounded by such delicious and tempting decks?! I feel such sympathy... you must have great willpower...

13thFaeChylde

laura_borealis said:
A low card diet? Oh my poor Theia! How can you cope here on Aeclectic Tarot, surrounded by such delicious and tempting decks?! I feel such sympathy... you must have great willpower...

(spitting my water all over the screen!!
HA!!! a low card diet! I can't stand it :D

Imagemaker

Well, it's clearly self abuse to do without carbs and cards at the same time.

I can't do without either one :)

Cthathem

hehe.. that lit up my morning. thank you ;)

keep on the good work, I'll be trying some 'just for fun' readings as well... heh!

Georg