gsf- InVision/7 of Swords

lunalafey

mooncat2 said:
She's wary, constantly on the defensive.

Her opponent - everyone - people ! People with (s)words that will wound and hurt. Far safer to hide in the background unnoticed.

I see her as both empowered and wary-
wary, for there is alot of unknown things in the world that she has not yet experienced.
Empowered by her ability to hide.
but your words make me look upon those red-dagger marks as cuts.

Imagemaker

make me look upon those red-dagger marks as cuts.

Indeed. No one goes through life without being wounded.

For some, the wounds make them more savvy about facing the next battle. For others, the wounds never heal and they choose hiding.

Life is about seeing your choices and picking a path (or a cave).

mooncat2

Very true, I/M - I think I see her as the person I used to be - perhaps I should look at her now from the perspective of what I've overcome.

Imagemaker

In doing that (seeing her as your past), you'll have a whole new perspective on the card--compassion for her tension, and pride for her willingness to keep fighting in spite of her wounds.

This is the cool part of using tarot as a moving viewpoint on one's life.

Namaste

7 of Swords

I think she represents our ability to adapt, to survive, even to thrive. She doesn't cower. Yes, she is perhaps prudent and can defend herself (has defended herself, even), but only if she has to. She has taken whatever has "bloodied" her and learnt from it (turned the negative into positive), thus the quasi-artistic patterning along her arms.

Her stance is grounded and firm, not wavering, even though she does look over her shoulder, as it were.

Am I wrong in thinking that her fingers, which touch the blade lightly, rest upon it trustingly, lovingly even? Is she telling us that we always have a choice in the way we react to what suddenly comes upon us in life?

Fulgour

• Darker Red

A darker red is now the rule
    holding me shadowed

moon to full moon, mere as sunset
    cast once each day from afar
    colouring fading clouds
    while darkness falls, and falls still
    portending finality
    in and of itself, without a care
    of me in any way which might imply care
    of the kind deserved