Index: Pictures of Trimmed Decks (Expanded Thread)

strings of life

Trimmed Tarot of the Sidhe

I trimmed my Tarot of the Sidhe tonight. I knew that I wanted to ahead of time since I prefer it without the keywords (even though I know the reason behind Emily Carding having them, as mentioned in the small book with the deck).

I trimmed off the side borders and the bottom border, which had the title of the card for the Majors and the keyword for the Minors. I also trimmed off the inner purple border around the cards. They are borderless now :D.

I attached photos of the Majors and Minors. It took me a solid 2 1/2 hours, longer than most of my trimming projects, but it's my favorite so far (even surpassing my lovely Druidcraft).

It's much more manageable this way, although I am going to get another copy and leave it as is too ;).

Attachments

• tarot-of-the-sidhe-trimmed-majors.jpg
    tarot-of-the-sidhe-trimmed-majors.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 908
  • tarot-of-the-sidhe-trimmed-minors.jpg
    tarot-of-the-sidhe-trimmed-minors.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 688

rwcarter

Wonderful job auracana! But I don't dare with that deck....

strings of life

rwcarter said:
Wonderful job auracana! But I don't dare with that deck....
Ha! Why don't you dare ;)?

What makes me happy is that the lamination will make this deck last forever. It took longer to do since I wanted to do away with the tiny purple borders. I just spread all of the cards out and I am just smiling. I love them.

I have a trimming problem folks. It's not good! I get decks with the intention of trimming them now.

rwcarter

It's purple for one :D and I wouldn't want to piss off the Sidhe.... Maybe I'll get another copy to trim (or bribe you to trim it for me) one of these days.... :laugh:

Chiska

I honestly have had no inclination to trim any other decks. Once I did the DruidCraft, that was it! Now that I can hold on to it, it makes a difference. I think that the Voyager would look better without the card titles, but I am not sure my corner cutter could handle that cardstock. I have a first edition Voyager and it is very sturdy. I wonder if the new version is as thick and sturdy?

GryffinSong

Chiska said:
...I think that the Voyager would look better without the card titles, but I am not sure my corner cutter could handle that cardstock. I have a first edition Voyager and it is very sturdy. I wonder if the new version is as thick and sturdy?

I trimmed my voyager and it looks awesome. I trimmed all four borders completely off them and had no trouble with my corner rounder, but I think mine might be the second edition.

Attachments

• voyager trimmed.jpg
    voyager trimmed.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 206

Chiska

GryffinSong said:
I trimmed my voyager and it looks awesome. I trimmed all four borders completely off them and had no trouble with my corner rounder, but I think mine might be the second edition.

They do look lovely! I read somewhere that the 2nd edition cards are about 10% smaller than the originals. I know they are HUGE. Nearly the size of the DruidCraft and about 3x thicker. They do not bend. EVER. They are slippery and impossible to shuffle using any other method than tossing them down and mixing them about - even then you need quite a large space.

I rarely use them anymore. I used them primarily in the early 90s with a friend - they seem to like being used by a group. Strange.

I would definitely need a larger corner cutter - I can't stick the card in the slot!

GryffinSong

Mine have to be second edition then. Mine definately bend and can be shuffled. Before I trimmed them they were very large by my standards, and very difficult to shuffle because of that. Trimmed, they are about 3 3/8" x 4 1/8". A very reasonable size for me.

I rarely use mine either. But I like looking through them and thinking about some of my favorite cards.

rwcarter

Chiska said:
I think that the Voyager would look better without the card titles, but I am not sure my corner cutter could handle that cardstock. I have a first edition Voyager and it is very sturdy. I wonder if the new version is as thick and sturdy?
You can always do what I did - buy an already trimmed one from the Trading Thread! :D All the joy and none of the pain or worry....

ETA - I posted here about the sizes of the different versions.

sapienza

I thought I had posted pics of my trimmed original Alchemical previously but I'm not sure I actually did. Anyway, if anyone is interested I'll attach them now.

I love borderless decks and I love the colouring of the original Alchemical far more than the renewed. The only option was to trim, although it was a bit scary taking to an OOP deck with scissors. The cards are not all exactly the same but despite this I was thrilled with the result. The size of the cards now are like a pocket deck which is great.

Apologies for the flash reflection on the photos but they should give the general idea.

Attachments

• IMG_1235.JPG
    IMG_1235.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 747
  • IMG_1233.JPG
    IMG_1233.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 603
  • IMG_1240.JPG
    IMG_1240.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 572
  • Backs.JPG
    Backs.JPG