How many decks have you got?

Amsonia

I've given away far more than I possess.

pre-Internet (& even now really) you'd have to buy a deck to see what it was like, & you didn't see them very often, so you might well buy one if you found it.

I have about 30 decks - but I could give all except one away. If I meet someone who really loves one of my decks, they can have it, but I never meet anyone who is interested :(

I have given so many decks to folks who come for readings & I felt they could be of use. I must have given 100+ decks away - usually Thoths or Waite-Smiths - not counting gifts to family (my sisters, my sons, my Better Half).

I continue to 'collect', decks that catch my eye, more often than not, they do not become part of my 'Tarot family', but even the briefest conversation between myself & a artist/deck interests me very much, so its worth it to me.

Velvetina I like the way you think!

I have 7 decks after getting my first one in 2011...I can see that at that rate I'll have too many in a decade or two, so I'm going to keep my total number of decks to under 15 or so (based on the size of the shelf I keep them all on, when the shelf is full, that's all I can keep, and I'll need to let one go if I buy a new one) and either sell or give away those decks which didn't really move me.