the phantomwise tarot - deck in progress

lunakasha

OctoberGwen said:
Me, too, Luna!

Gwen~ It feels like we have been waiting forever..... :eek:

But I know our patience will pay off someday, right??? ;)

I remember Erin had mentioned that the cards were all completed, so hopefully there will be a publisher lined up soon. They'd have to be insane to pass on this unique and beautiful deck (IMHO).

:heart: Luna

OctoberGwen

lunakasha said:
Gwen~ It feels like we have been waiting forever..... :eek:

I know, right? The Majors set was my first "major" Tarot purchase. :D It remains one of my most treasured decks.

lunakasha said:
I remember Erin had mentioned that the cards were all completed, so hopefully there will be a publisher lined up soon. They'd have to be insane to pass on this unique and beautiful deck (IMHO).

I couldn't agree more. With all the decks that get published every year, I'm shocked that this one hasn't been snapped up yet. What is going on?

Chronata

What?? Still no word???

I might just turn blue.

Maybe I should stop holding my breath?

I was really thinking this year...this year...

Cassandra022

this deck is awesome looking :0

howaboutacupoftea

O__O
I couldn't look away from these, they are beautiful!
I love the use of top hats and tea pots! :D
I hope this gets published, it's truly a work of art!

truelighth

Bumping this thread to see if anyone has heared anything more. I am just wondering if there is any news about a possible publisher. I really hope this deck will be published. Keeping my fingers crossed.

OctoberGwen

According to her website, the artist had a book she'd written picked up by Doubleday last Fall, so it sounds like she's been busy! (Congratulations, Erin!!!)

Here's what she says about the Phantomwise:

"I spent large amounts of the last few years painting a black & white tarot deck. I finished painting it in early 2010. You can purchase a beautiful limited edition deck of the Major Arcana here. [link to Adam MacLean's site] (Well, you could. It’s sold out now, but they might turn up on tarot trading sites.)

The complete deck can be viewed at www.phantomwise.com. I am in the process of finding a publisher for the full 78-card version. It’s slow going. I promise it will be published eventually. Really."

So all we can do is keep waiting, and hoping!

loonyswan

alizarin said:
Hi everyone! Thank you so much for all of your wonderful comments about the deck.

I finally managed to update the aces a bit, which I've been meaning to do since the minors were completed. The re-detailed ones are up in the minors gallery and you can see a comparison of the old & new versions on my art blog over here.

This was the last of the tweaking I wanted to do before pursuing publication options for the full deck. It might take awhile, I'm afraid, as I'm also currently revising my novel which is kind of eating my life right now.

But it is definitely very high on the priority list and I will post any and all info here as soon as I have it!

So you're the one who deserves my thanks for making this!!!
I've been tracking the progress for years and absolutely love it! I was looking hopelessly if there was a 78-card deck until I realized I just had to wait. Silly me.

But awesome job on an effective yet unique deck. :D

lunakasha

OctoberGwen said:
According to her website, the artist had a book she'd written picked up by Doubleday last Fall, so it sounds like she's been busy! (Congratulations, Erin!!!)

Here's what she says about the Phantomwise:

"I spent large amounts of the last few years painting a black & white tarot deck. I finished painting it in early 2010. You can purchase a beautiful limited edition deck of the Major Arcana here. [link to Adam MacLean's site] (Well, you could. It’s sold out now, but they might turn up on tarot trading sites.)

The complete deck can be viewed at www.phantomwise.com. I am in the process of finding a publisher for the full 78-card version. It’s slow going. I promise it will be published eventually. Really."

So all we can do is keep waiting, and hoping!

Thanks for the update, OctoberGwen! :love: (and for bumping, truelighth)

It has been a LONG, torturous waiting period with this deck....but I am very confident that the full deck will be published, and hopefully SOON. It just HAS to be published, because it is pretty much the :heart: Perfect Deck :heart:, at least in my eyes.

I hope Erin comes back to AT soon with an update for us, and so she can see how many of us are anxiously awaiting this wonderful tarot deck.

:) Luna

MysticalMoose

I'm adding myself to the anxiously awaiting crowd! It's beautiful! :)