Should I crochet a set of Tarot Bags?

StellarMyst

What about embroidery thread in metallic colours?

Yellow gold with copper (or *rose gold* if at all available?)?

Thphalo green and blue together? <= The actual colours you'd use if painting the water/waves of a seascape... ;)

Black purple and blue braided together, and then crocheted into a bag?

There are some thin mesh sachet-bags in the crafts/fabric department of Wal-Mart that are the right size to slide the cards into, but they're just a bit short...the drawstring barely covers the corners of the deck when drawn.

~Blessings,

StellarMyst

StellarMyst

Colours to try!

Hello all,

I PM'd SharonS with the following, and thought I'd share it with the community:

We had been discussing crocheting with all ribbons: putting blue together with blue-green or aqua...

If we were to take two rectangles of crocheted ribbons (custom sized in the above colours of course to fit the deck it's for), and join them with Dark blue seams & drawstring (or even white like the *powdered-sugar sands*): this might add to the depth and beauty of the bag...? I'm going to have to do this over about a month, and then borrow my bf's digital camera to take & upload pictures of these...oooohhhh I can't wait! hehe!

Let's seee...blue relaxes the mind for easing into the meditative state....and purple helps to deepen intuition from there....pehaps a Cobalt blue & something between dark purple & Violet together will deepen insight for the Tarot reader...?

Is there an Indigo coloured ribbon out there? I know that Indigo coloured paint for crafts is hard to come by in my neck the woods. I'll have to look for it & let you know.

Ultramarine blue (this colour was made by crushing Lapis Lazuli years & years ago.) with a touch of pale blue and white with gold woven into it to mimic the stone...For the drawstrings, I'll take the Ultramarine blue and gold braided with dark dark blue (past navy & into midnight blue) then I'll take a strand of black nylon string and weave that into the braid; at the ends of this (the nylon string) will be real Lapis Lazuli beads...

Blessings,

StellarMyst

Post Script: Try the ideas above and tell me what you think.

Sinduction

I do hope you all will be sharing your patterns. Or even the dimensions?

I love to crochet. I'm making new cotton pads for my wet-jet so I don't clutter the environment even more.

I've never thought to make them for tarot since I can't sew but I bet making the lining wouldn't be too hard even with limited sewing knowledge.

zannamarie

Sinduction said:
I've never thought to make them for tarot since I can't sew but I bet making the lining wouldn't be too hard even with limited sewing knowledge.
I didn't line mine, but then again, the afgan stitch is a pretty tight stitch.

afrosaxon

I started to crochet a tarot bag tonight.

It's already not looking that great. *sigh*

T.

missycab

I finished a Tarot bag!!! It's a mix of light blue wool and blue lace. It's a small bag, for an oracle deck.

I've scanned it...here's the picture!!

And yesterday I bought some more wool. Now I'm doing another bag in a light grey wool, and I'm thinking of combining it with purple lace (I love the grey + purple combination).

Attachments

• blue bag2.jpg
    blue bag2.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 161

Pao

aw missie its beautiful!!!!!!!!

teach meee teach meee :D

I forgot what my grandma taugh me. I only remember one needlepoint and its a never ending.... ehem.... "scarf" lol

missycab

I prefer crochet a thousand times!!! It's faster than needle point, and easier.

I found a course, in Spanish, with pictures: (and there are also some videos)

http://www.crochet.com.ar/curso.htm

It's really easy, and perfect for tarot bags!!! :D I hope the tutorial helps!!! :)

afrosaxon

That is beautiful, Missy! I like the ribbony accents.

*puts away crocheting needles and yarn*

T.

Pao

missycab said:
I prefer crochet a thousand times!!! It's faster than needle point, and easier.

I found a course, in Spanish, with pictures: (and there are also some videos)

http://www.crochet.com.ar/curso.htm

It's really easy, and perfect for tarot bags!!! :D I hope the tutorial helps!!! :)

wow you mean you learned from the site?oooooo let me go see to then! :D