The Tarot Playbook - HIGHLY recommended

littlethings

I ordered it online from Barnes and Noble last night (for $11.31) and it's already on it's way! Can't wait to see it. :)

Hedera

I am SO looking forward to reading this book!
More so than I have been looking forward to any deck in the last couple of years, even.

I had the honour of reading a few pages of it ages ago, while Pipistrelle was still writing it, and ever since I have been eagerly awaiting her finishing it, and Schiffer publishing it!
No suprise really, that my favorite tarot book should be written by the person who runs my favorite tarot store. ;)

I haven't been feeling tarot-y at all lately, but I suspect this book will bring me back!

Darkness

Well, having had a bit of a short / unhelpful email from Schiffer I would not buy direct from them. I had stated in my e mail to them that I had tried but could not get past an error on one of the fields. Bascially you have options of: outside the US, or one of the US states in the drop down bar. I left it as outside of the US, but it would not let me use that. Don't you hate it when that dreaded red message comes up! As the only other option was to choose a US state, it was not possible to order. Chances are it would not have got to me in NZ. Aarrgh. :)

I asked if they could tell me when it was going to be available through other major outlets, bearing in mind I couldn't order from them.

I had the message of:

"It will be shipped to the larger distributors if and when they purchase it".

And that was it. No offer of help of how I could order from them directly. And a bit of a huffy response. Not good customer service.

Shadowdancer you mention you are in NZ, im from Australia and i looked on Borders online and Angus and Robertson, these both carry it but do not have it in stock, it says it will be shipped in 3-5 weeks which is quite a long time but least you know you can get it!

Pipistrelle

I've managed to get Bushwood's last 3 copies (well, until they get more) for Tarot Chest and I've just seen that Aphrohead Books and Book Depository have it listed on Amazon.co.uk (though still not available on BD's own site). Hopefully this means the drought is over. Tarot Playbooks for everyone!! ;)

Pipistrelle

I am SO looking forward to reading this book!
More so than I have been looking forward to any deck in the last couple of years, even.

I had the honour of reading a few pages of it ages ago, while Pipistrelle was still writing it, and ever since I have been eagerly awaiting her finishing it, and Schiffer publishing it!
No suprise really, that my favorite tarot book should be written by the person who runs my favorite tarot store. ;)
Aaaah, thank you! But I'd hold off on saying it's your favourite tarot book until you get it - just in case it doesn't live up to the hype. :D

shadowdancer

I cannot believe amazon are showing it as out of print/limited availability. Something I have never seen before with a book which has been published less than 4 weeks.

BD have cancelled my order. Have made an order with Barnes & Noble (even though the postage was nearly as much as the book). If they cancel I will gracefully bow out.

In the meantime, those who have had the book delivered, any favourite exercises yet?

firefrost

In the meantime, those who have had the book delivered, any favourite exercises yet?

Naming and gifting the court cards! People often see the courts as tricky blighters, don't they? Pick the deck of your choice and looking at the person and surroundings, what would you call them and what you gift them? The name can be fantasy or Ed and Flo.

It's great fun and you'll be surprised what you'll remember about the card when you've done it. :)

Hedera

It seems to be back in stock at the BookDepository!

It's funny, I've often seen this kind of instock/outofstock/unavailable/instock changes with new tarot decks that I've been eagerly awaiting, but not usually with books - although for those, I guess, I tend to be less impatient so I would probably not notice it. :)

gregory

I cannot believe amazon are showing it as out of print/limited availability. Something I have never seen before with a book which has been published less than 4 weeks.

BD have cancelled my order. Have made an order with Barnes & Noble (even though the postage was nearly as much as the book). If they cancel I will gracefully bow out.

The murder mystery one :) You sort the cards according to who is dead, how they died, who might have killed them and so on - and in the end get down to who done it :)