8 of pentacles and strength (8) in numerology

star-lover

i dont see the connection

why is 8 of pentacles so far down the line and is a novice and learning new skills?

whats this have to do with strength in numerology connections in tarot

3 coins is the master and then you get to 8 and hes a novice again?? 9 and happy and 10 made it??

tink27

Hi Star-Lover

I see the 8 in numerology and the 8 of Pentacles as someone with the expertise of the 3 of Pents., using this energy to empower themselves by overcoming the judgments which stand between them and their strong ambitions. They are ones who constantly are expanding their beliefs in themselves.

Because being liked is important to Eights, they will also learn that the only thing they are meant to dominate is their own time and space. And, yet, there will be times when they feel that the whole world is, or could be, their dominion.

The 8 of pents is not one to force "content" with mediocrity and, pretend they are satisfied with their life. Rather, it is a matter of going out into the world and manifesting what they truly desire on a material level, remembering that desire is another word for love. And, until they are comfortable with the fact that their purpose is to learn about, and master, life's material aspects, material satisfaction may forever elude them. Oh and they do desire abundance....they want to make a lot of money.

8's are ambitious, efficient, and energetic. They are also excellent organizers, administrators, persuader's and manager's as long as they call the shots!

tink

Sulis

If you're going to go with numerology then I would say that the eights relate to Justice, not to Strength.

It was Waite who changed the order of the minors around and (not knowing much about the guy) I'm not sure how much numerology he actually used in the meanings of his cards.

So, as I said, 8s relate to Justice.

They are about cause and effect: With the eight of Coins the effort you put in is equalled by what you get out.

It's about putting things in order after the upset of the seven. The eight is when things start to get sorted out again; there is movement to find a balance - Justice (8)
The 8 of Coins is about commitment, putting in effort, nurturing, looking at the details, organising physical things...

Not so sure about this 'apprentice' stuff either - that doesn't seem to go with any numerological model... I think that's just another RWS thing. I can see study but again, that's about putting in effort to get a result.

No strength there for me but I can definitely see Justice.

star-lover

thanks tink and sulis
i must admit the justice card does seem to fit as well
but the dedication and desire and perserverance to create something of a work of art seems to fit with strength too - using your inner skills and resources - in my cosmic tarot a lady looks focused and lovingly but with willpower down on her creation of a bed of roses - focus and in control of the situation comes to mind as well

i guess i will just have to work with it a bit more

Dave's Angel

Hi

I come at it from a somewhat Qabalistic view and see it not just as a process outwards from 1 to 10, but also of 1 as being "higher up the ladder", nearer the start. Hence lower numbers are nearer the "source", so to speak. Does this shed any new light on the subject and if so would it help to say that 8 is the sphere in Qabalah called "Hod" and dedicated to pure intellect and intelligence? Hence the idea of patient study and working meticulously on something is very pertinent.

Also I'd say that I've never thought of the 3 and 8 of pentacles as respectively Master and Apprentice. More like, the 3 is craftsmanship, art, the work being done in itself, while the 8 is the patient application to the task in hand, working steadily on your project.

zannamarie

star-lover,

I don't see the 8 of pentacles as a novice but more someone who is putting in the dedicated time and effort to be a master of the craft. So while a novice would be someone beginning the journey, the 8 of P is someone well on the way but needs the inner and outer Strength to persevere to the "finish" line of being a master.

I've actually never viewed the 3 of P as the master but more that a firm foundation has been put in place upon which one can base further work.

star-lover

Dave's Angel said:
Hi

I come at it from a somewhat Qabalistic view and see it not just as a process outwards from 1 to 10, but also of 1 as being "higher up the ladder", nearer the start. Hence lower numbers are nearer the "source", so to speak. Does this shed any new light on the subject and if so would it help to say that 8 is the sphere in Qabalah called "Hod" and dedicated to pure intellect and intelligence? Hence the idea of patient study and working meticulously on something is very pertinent.

Also I'd say that I've never thought of the 3 and 8 of pentacles as respectively Master and Apprentice. More like, the 3 is craftsmanship, art, the work being done in itself, while the 8 is the patient application to the task in hand, working steadily on your project.

thanks for your post - i totally understand it - the 8 is the dedication and the 3 is the work of art

star-lover

zannamarie said:
star-lover,

I don't see the 8 of pentacles as a novice but more someone who is putting in the dedicated time and effort to be a master of the craft. So while a novice would be someone beginning the journey, the 8 of P is someone well on the way but needs the inner and outer Strength to persevere to the "finish" line of being a master.

I've actually never viewed the 3 of P as the master but more that a firm foundation has been put in place upon which one can base further work.

as i said previously i see this now, the 3 is the work of art, the project and the 8 is the dedication and carrying it out whatever it entails